xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Looking For Partners

I am looking for partners for establishing an educational software company. Educational in the sense, that it would be primarily for gaining experience and widening technical horizons. We would be developing softwares and deploying them through our site.

Little Background about me:-

Name: Partho Sarathi a.k.a Max Steel

Sex: Male (Sarathi might sound feminine)

Profession: Student + Programmer + Gamer

Qualifications:-

Doing Bachelor in Computer Application + GNIIT Software Engineering + Oracle Certified Proffessional Vendor Certification, 6 Months Diploma in Computer Application

Programming Knowledge:-

Academics: 4 years GW-Basic in high school, 2 years C++ (16 bit) in Senior Secondary, 2 months C++ (32 bit) in NIIT, 2 months MS-SQL Server 2000 in NIIT, C# (currently doing) in NIIT

Non Academical: 3 years experience in Visual Basic, 1 year in VB .NET, Other skills: HTML, PHP, XML, Javascript and a few others.

Dating the Computer is my favourite past time :P , so expect full commitment from me.

I have a prototype company located at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which contains the following softwares:-

Pika Bot -> The most powerful Yahoo! Bot.

Photo Downloader -> Cool tool to search & download photos from the Internet.

Webshots Photo Downloader -> Simulates the browser activity to download Non-Premium photos from the webshots collections.

MD5 Calculator -> Small tool to calculate the MD5 cheksum of a file and compare MD5 cheksums of two files.

Desktop Fun -> A tool that I made out of boredom. Have fun with the Desktop wallpaper.

One man army isn't enough in this endeavour and I would greatly appreciate the enthusiasts to join me in my venture.

Interested techies can reply here with there profiles.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Considering you have pretty good skills at programming, I don't think I could be of any use to your project, other than making some pretty graphics here and there. Anyway I found the initiative very interesting, and would like to help a little. In case you need anything, please Private Message me. I'll be on vacations this week, but in 7 or 9 days I'll be here again.Wish you luck! And happy holidays!

Darn, no mention of pascal/object pascal/delphi at all that I could see :), lol.Looks like you have a fair bit of experience, and your pretty much 2 years younger than me, nice!

You're 5 years older than me, and you have quite a good programming history there.I don't think I will be much of a help to you, sorry.By the way, your site is rated dangerous on McAfee SiteAdvisor. Might want to have a look at that.ipdz.comRed Verdict ImageOur analysis indicates that this site may be designed to trick you into submitting your personal or financial information to online scammers.

CMS means Content Management System, it is a web script that will allow you to create content for your site.The difference between a handmade site and a CMS powerd site is that once you learn a CMS you can manage, create and edit the content of the site easily without caring about the design or the template.

Once you select the template and customize it the CMS will look after everything for you, you are creating the content not the design so it is easy.

You can tryout some of the popular CMSs such as
Joomla - https://www.joomla.org/
Drupal - https://www.drupal.org/
Wordpress - https://wordpress.org/
You can tryout these live at http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Ask if you have anymore questions :)

Oh! I see, thats what m^e is using for his site http://chaos-laboratory.com/ (Wordpress)

I think the idea is good for people who don't have enough time to design their sites. But, I would rather stick to taking everything under my control and make all the small and subtle changes. Besides, I guess blogs benefit greatly from CM systems and my site which's primarily aimed at being the host for my softwares, doesn't quite fall in the CMS based site's category.

You got it all wrong my buddy,You must use a CMS to know the power of it.Wordpress is just a bloging system, which is not really powerful iconsidering content representation but for a blog we need that.Say you want a site that have some users and need to setup up those users acess to post news stories you need to code heavily to make this happen but if you use a CMS with user support it is simple.But some CMSs are hard to learn Drupal, Typo3 are very tough (I haven't tried but from what I read).I don't have designing ability so I get a theme upload it.Another good thing is that you will get many addional stuff , say you need RSS function it is automatically available.Less work more power and control..

Besides, I guess blogs benefit greatly from CM systems and my site which's primarily aimed at being the host for my softwares, doesn't quite fall in the CMS based site's category.

Although you are benefiting from CMS too...

I am a S/W Programmer. With ideas which I cannot make happen :).
I am willing.
I am a C,C++ programmer.

cheers