xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Quatrux

My Account DNS Having problems with domains

Hello,Well for a quite long time, almost a year I was having different problems with my domains, here is the problem: my main subdomain I got with Xisto works every time the server isn't on downtime, but with top level domains like .net and uni.cc, for a month now almost everyday for about 6 hours I can't access my sites and I get 404 error, I thought it was my ISP stupid DNS stuff, because I could get to the sites using Google proxy, but the domains don't really always work for other people from my country on different ISP, so I though this is something only in my country, but I talked on IRC that some of my friends from Portugal, India also can't access through the .net and uni.cc domains, so is it an issue with the Xisto Server DNS? And how can it be solved? I don't really know a lot about DNS servers, but would it help me if I would point the domains to some kind of other server/host? Any ideas? Anyone has similar problems? :P

oh, ok. My main account is qzone.astahost.com and the domains are: quatrux.net, dqzone.net, quatrux.uni.cc, so automatically the subdomains for these domains doesn't work too, but as I said it happens in different period of times and to different people, gives 404 while the main account works perfectly.

quatrux.net and dqzone.net are showing without any problem at the time of this post. However, quatrux.uni.cc is at 404 error.

quatrux.uni.cc shows correct whois fields except for ns3. If you added ns3 please removed that information. Only use ns1 and ns2. Another thing is that uni.cc is not your typical top level domain (TLD) and thus it cannot be trusted with performance at 100% of the times.

So here is what I would suggest to provide "a proof." Try searching for site monitoring script (free ones of course) and install it on every page. This will keep a written record of when each page/or your entire site was or was not available for viewing. Because as far as I can tell, your sites are working at the time of this post and I cannot test your site every hour of the day.

I'm not sure if this is the service I used in the past but try something like this https://www.siteuptime.com/index.php

Well, quatrux.uni.cc works for me and as I know I have set uni.cc to two nameservers, due to it doesn't let to select more than two.. I have registered with siteuptime, so now I will just need to wait, but in fact they offer only 4 positions to monitor, from London, New York, San Francisco and Chicago, I will try to search for some other free website monitoring services too: https://www.siteuptime.com/statistics.php?Iamp%3bUserId=8913

Well, I just see an outage again, my domains return 404, but the subdomain of Xisto works, also everything seems to work through the siteuptime site and others I registered, well so it only seems to be a problem in my country, I can live with it, but it is still interesting why DNS servers do things like this.I just wonder? is it possible to change my account or do some research and create an account not with an Xisto subdomain, but for example straight with a domain like dqzone.net and if it won't have an outage for me, I could just move as it would be my main account?