xisto Community
iGuest

Firefox Updated To FX Ver 2.0.0.1 Just today ... 12/20/2006

Thanks for the information, and btw you know what's funny?, just as I saw this topic, I went to go and do the updater from within FireFox and it was in the middle of downloading the update LOL.

I automatically updated it yesterday on my other PC. When I saw this I wanted to know if this PC was already updated, so I clicked "Help" menu to see the "About" info and in the drop down menu it already said it was updating right now hehehehe, a little coincidence :P

I also automatically updated yesterday. I guess on the surface there really isn't anything particularly different about version 2.0.0.1 and 2.0, but according to the Mozilla site there has been some security fixes, and I suppose, other minor changes. I like the fact that Firefox updates immediately...updating by myself can be such a pain. Especially since I don't exactly visit the Mozilla site twice a day to check for new updates the way I check my email. ;-)

thanks for the information,and it kinda fun and easy to firefox rather than IE which i find more boring with the same style in the older versions and for the updating i see no particularly some huge difference but who knows what they have changed in it between 2.0.0.0 and 2.0.0.1 ...

Well as Firefox usually updates itself or it makes a notice that a new version of firefox is available for download, you don't really need to visit their site to get updated, the same thing is for most of the software, for example skype, opera, apexdc++, thunderbird, last.fm, winamp, phpdesigner, clamwin and many more, so this is nothing special, other software could integrate such things too which still doesn't have such a feature, because it is really handy to keep up to date with the software. When I started FF it just asked me if I wanted to download and install the update, so I did it, I think on the same day, can't remember, but I know it was yesterday on my GMT+2, I turned on Opera and it said that a new version of Opera 9.10 is available, so I also installed it, but I didn't see anything new or special, those were just minor updates. :P