xisto Community
JaVe

My First 3d Animation I could have exported as video

Well, this is a gif format of my cloth experiment. I went through some research on the web for looking how to use 3dsmax's cloth effects. It took some work getting the hang of it. I wanted to create a bed and a blanket for a room. Well, i know how to create the blanket now. I'll make a bed soon. What i created now was just as a test:

Posted Image

If anybody wants to know how to do the cloth for any object, i can give a link - it really helped me out and really developped my skills :)

I havent been designing thta long, maybe nearly a month in total. Materials and lighting is my main focus but im developing more modelling skills again. And ive decided to explore the effects such as water spray, deflecting etc. I understand it a but more now. Yeh, when it crumples at the bottom it looks weird. I still like it.

that looks cool..a little bit weird though because you can't see whats under the cloth.. maybe put a little ball under it or some kind ofpicture that's cisible.. but it still looks awesome. did u say u made it with 3dmax? is it easy to learn? i might start learning tha to :).

I've always wanted to get into 3d drawing. Is it hard? please compare it to somthing like VB or C++.

COOL

Posted Image

That looks really good. Can you tell me what software you used to create the animation. Like WHYME I could stare into the picture and not get bored of IT.

Can you help me with my animation!!

From

.::DAMAN::.

Wow, amazing I like it a lot..... Some realistic looking stuff there, I also would like to know what software you used when you created that. Im gonna checkout the tutorial in a bit. Good luck with your 3d stuff if this is your first creation I gotta fealing you will do some pretty sweet stuff. Good luck.

There is a ball under there, it's what creates the deformation bulge thing. Oh yeh, it's no way as hard as programming, it's way easier you just need to learn the basics and you'll be on your way. And yeh, i used 3ds max. You can export to avi but i exported to separate jpegs and put em in a gif animation. But the most important part is 3ds max. It can be hard to learn but just play around with it. I should make the same thing with transparent material next time. Anyway, just for kicks i wanted to start deisgning stuff so i made a bed with a cloth falling over it:

Posted Image

Doesn't look as good as the ball and at the end the ends of the bedsheet are moving --> i would only use stills for when i create a bed room, i really want to create a room and these are some valuable skills. For those who want to learn 3ds max, go ahead its great fun! :)