xisto Community
iGuest

Can You Make Your Own MySQL Databases? Im an idoit

Can you make your own MySQL database or do they have to be bought or found from a free site i really need help on this guys please reply or send me a PM when you have the time because i need so much help with this atm :Pthankyou very much regards Morex Gaming owner Jarvis

I'm not going to PM you the information I'm about to supply you for the benefit of the rest of the community. I hope you'll excuse me. :P

http://www.mysql.com/
'>MySQL is a free (and open-source) server program that can be obtained easily and run on almost any computer. Yes, you can also create a database using said software on your home computer. The only thing is that queries wouldn't be processed if your computer is not active, and therefore most sites use MySQL installed on computer that their sole function is to act as a server (sometimes for other things besides being a Database Management System). Look https://l'>here for downloading the actual software (I recommend the "Windows Essentials" or "Windows ZIP/Setup.EXE" packages for MS Windows), and https://l'>here is a page from the MySQL manual for guiding you through the whole process of installing MySQL on your computer.

Good luck, and if you need further assistance please post to this thread as opposed to private messages.

Can you make your own MySQL database or do they have to be bought or found from a free site i really need help on this guys please reply or send me a PM when you have the time because i need so much help with this atm :P
thankyou very much regards Morex Gaming owner Jarvis

if you are hosted at Xisto, you simply have to create your database using Xisto's cpanel.
When you install a Linux machine, MySQL comes automatically with Linux, it's free for a non-commercial usage.

When you install a Linux machine, MySQL comes automatically with Linux, it's free for a non-commercial usage.

Err, I don't understand this sentence a bit, Linux is a kernel, so a Linux machine is a computer which has Linux installed, GNU is environment for the kernel and that environment can have anything you want, including MySQL, but a lot of distributions don't really include mysql automatically.. So if you have Linux installed (the Kernel), that doesn't mean you have mysql, you have mysql only if it is installed (from sources or as binary) by some install script or by you. :P

To complete what seec77 says i recommend that you also http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/
'>download the MySql Gui Tools.

The MySql Gui Tools is a set of applications for administering MySQL Server and working with data, this includes in a single bundle all the GUI tools developed by MySql:

MySQL Administrator: Tool for administer and monitor your MySql environment, database management and maintenance.

MySQL QueryBrowser: Tool for working with your database data, such as creating, executing, and optimizing SQL queries.

MySQL MigrationToolkit: Tool for migrate proprietary databases to MySQL.

MySQL Workbench: Tool for database modeling, such design and create schemas.

I'm not 100% sure that this bundle works with MySql versions prior to 5.

Best regards,

Quoting myself : When you install a Linux machine, MySQL comes automatically with Linux, it's free for a non-commercial usage

Err, I don't understand this sentence a bit, Linux is a kernel, so a Linux machine is a computer which has Linux installed, GNU is environment for the kernel and that environment can have anything you want, including MySQL, but a lot of distributions don't really include mysql automatically.. So if you have Linux installed (the Kernel), that doesn't mean you have mysql, you have mysql only if it is installed (from sources or as binary) by some install script or by you. :P

Sorry, I was probably not clear enough. You cannot install simply a Linux kernel on a system. Usually, you buy a Linux distro (from Redhat or from Mandrake for instance) or you download from the internet a set of .iso files, you burn them on CD's, and you boot your machine from the first CD in order to install Linux.
When you boot from the installation CD, usually the installer asks you what you want to install, and usually, the mysql server is included in the installation media and is automatically handled by the automatic install program started when you boot from the install CD.
So, usually, when you install a Linux machine from a "standard" distro, mysql is included and very often it's automatically installed.
Of course, mysql is also available for Windows and for several proprietary Unix systems. Then, it has to be purchased as a separate product.

If your web hosting service is Xisto or Xisto, go to your cPanel and add a database and a database user.

The direct link is:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Replace yoursite.trap17.com with the actual domain name. ;)

If you are running your own server with MySQL and PHP, you MUST have enough knowledge of how to use MySQL if you have a server running for your site ;)

If your web hosting service is Xisto or Xisto, go to your cPanel and add a database and a database user.

The direct link is:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Replace yoursite.trap17.com with the actual domain name. ;)

If you are running your own server with MySQL and PHP, you MUST have enough knowledge of how to use MySQL if you have a server running for your site ;)

i guess this topic should be close. since the original poster was banned, there seems to purpose to continue this tread.

just my few cents..