xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

World's Costliest Phone Earn A Guiness Record

A new limited edition mobile phone from Goldvish, the Swiss cell-phone maker has beat the Vertu collection to being the world's costliest phone ever. If you thought that the Vertu was mind-bogglingly expensive, think twice. This particular collection called PLATO and referred to as "Le million" PIECE UNQIUE was awarded a Guiness World Record for the unique distinction of being the Most Expensive & Most Exclusive handset worldwide. Since this is a limited edition, only 100 sets will be made and distributed around the world.

According to current pricing, this handset costs approximately USD 1,270,000 - that's right ! Close to one point three million dollars.

Posted Image

The sets are encased with 120 carats of diamonds, made of white gold, sport sapphire glass displays and incorporate the advanced quad-band technology. According to Goldvish, these sets are a

"fusion of exclusive Swiss watch-making and high-tech, combined with the type of after-sales service that only a high-end luxury brand can give."

The phone was featured recently at the Millionaire's Fair in Moscow.

Personally, even if I had the money to buy one of these, I wonder if I'd feel safe at all walking around with one. I'd probably need to be flanked by a mini-army of heavily-armed security-men at all times :P

Bling Bling!!Haha the worlds most totally useless mobile? your right it should come with a private army to protect you when using it!!I get paranoid enough sometimes taking my smartphone out on the Metro..too many people look at it !!LOL

Bling Bling!!
Haha the worlds most totally useless mobile? your right it should come with a private army to protect you when using it!!

I get paranoid enough sometimes taking my smartphone out on the Metro..too many people look at it !!

LOL

Yeah really, like that isn't the most ridiculous phone I've ever seen in my life. I'll never understand why people are so obsessed with expensive things. Next they'll make Hummers covered in nothing but white diamonds, and people would buy them, because they're insane. Imagine how awful it would be to get in a wreck in one of those things. Crazy rich people.

Thanks for sharing this article. It gave me a much more secure grip on my own sanity, even if it did lower my thoughts on the rest of the world's.

Useless I can't even believe Guinness part that in their records book. Of course who would be stupid enough to even show the phone in public.Although I am surprise that Japan hasn't made something like that, due ot the fact they pop out like a few thousand different new cell phones a year or something crazy like that.

Slogan: "From idiot people to idiot people."The kind of person who buys this is the one I'd prefer to see out of the world we live.It's incredible how people this rich are such jerks that they don't use their money in anything better, for mankind, or for them at least.I won't even comment anything further so pissed I get with all this...

Slogan: "From idiot people to idiot people."
The kind of person who buys this is the one I'd prefer to see out of the world we live.
It's incredible how people this rich are such jerks that they don't use their money in anything better, for mankind, or for them at least.
I won't even comment anything further so pissed I get with all this...

Well, maybe a lot of whom doesn't like rich people, but I like to be neutral until it doesn't touch me or somebody close to me :P But just imagine, that rich guy bought this mobile for such a high price which is useless and can be put to his museum in the basement, but it was beneficial, due to somebody (engineers) manufactured the product, somebody created it, somebody else was involved in all of this and they got benefit out of it, money with which they can buy something for themselves and their families, even though bigger companies got more, but still.

As a matter of fact, usually people who donate to charity and stuff, that charity money doesn't always get to where they should, for example, to children or to poor people etc., because somebody else who can and has power or is just a bandit and a bad guy takes part of the money to himself, steals them.. so it is hard to control this kind of stuff, if somebody bought something stupid, somebody got the money because he/she sold it.

Distributed all over the world... Yeah right,,, They'll sell some of these to american hip-hop stars, few actors perhaps, then there's oil millionaires of middle-east and random drug-lords.

Useless I can't even believe Guinness part that in their records book. Of course who would be stupid enough to even show the phone in public.
Although I am surprise that Japan hasn't made something like that, due ot the fact they pop out like a few thousand different new cell phones a year or something crazy like that.

Maybe Japan is smart enough not to produce those diamond covered phones that are just made for show. They're more concerned with the technology and not the "bling". I mean, does that 1.3 mil phone have GPS? does it have MP3 capability? NO because all it's got are diamonds and the technology to simply communicate. period. Plus, it's an ugly phone. I'd say to leave the diamonds to jewelry departments. However, it's fine to fuse the two but it shouldn't be to the extreme.

Okay so it is encrusted with diamonds but are the diamonds themselves worth that much? I mean how many diamonds can you fit onto a phone that size? However the price does depend on the craftmenship and the platinum. I just don't know why anyone would want such a phone, perhaps it does with the rest of their jewels. Anyway phones are supposed to be functional but I doubt that one has the latest functions. Most of the attention seems to lavished on the outside. Imagine if someone stole one of those, they'd a millionaire, if they coud find a buyer. I suppose you would hav to get it insured before you could even use it.

Oh, my god! That is like the Rolls Royce of cellphones! It's so... EXPENSIVE. Do people really have that much money these days? God, and I thought these JEANS were expensive...Yeesh, don't people have anything better to do with their money? IF YOU HAVE A MILLION AND A THIRD DOLLARS TO BURN, GIVE SOME TO CHARITY MAYBE! Don't people have any concience at all? How selfish, to spend SO much on a stupid phone. Now, to spend that much on a stupid phone and then give the phone to ME, well, that's a COMPLETELY different story! ;)

Oh, my god! That is like the Rolls Royce of cellphones! It's so... EXPENSIVE. Do people really have that much money these days? God, and I thought these JEANS were expensive...
Yeesh, don't people have anything better to do with their money? IF YOU HAVE A MILLION AND A THIRD DOLLARS TO BURN, GIVE SOME TO CHARITY MAYBE! Don't people have any concience at all? How selfish, to spend SO much on a stupid phone.

Now, to spend that much on a stupid phone and then give the phone to ME, well, that's a COMPLETELY different story! ;)

I had the same thought.... BENT or ROLSS of Cellphones =)
Don't you think the technology in the phone will be obsolete in a few months...?
I do..

Why would a poor person like me buy one>?
I would be robbed if i had one of these in my nieghbor hodd.

They should use the money for the following:
1) Drugs... jk
2) Stem Cell research
etc..

IMHO...

eFX