xisto Community
ginginca

Looking For A PC

I'm shopping at the moment for a PC for my child for Christmas. I thought I'd post this here in case anyone has come across any great deals.I'm looking for something new ... though not new technology, so I can spend under $400.Here are my only requirements:512M Ram80+G hard drive (though I'd prefer 160)DVD burnerOS includedonboard video, sound, NICDon't care about the motherboard/CPU.no monitorI'm okay with a refurb if it is purchased in Canada (so I can get a short warranty.)If it comes from the USA, I don't think I'd want a refurb in case it's a lemon. And of course it would need to arrive by Dec. 22.So if anyone runs a site (or affiliate site) with something like this please feel free to post and recommend.Thanks,Gin

well, you know internet is Biggest Data Base in the WORLD!!!and i dont think it will be problem to find out personal computaer as you want just dont be lasy so much :P and just go to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl and give a search for your stuffand i think u may buy easly with this amount of many you have at moment, as far as you want buy it untill 22 dec i suggest u to find out site closer for you or tell me your location and then may be i can find out some good sites for your needs and most important thing do not rush!!!

Look for something like this:DVD Burner (~€35)HDD 160Gb (~€60)512Mb DDR2 (~€55)AMD Sempron64 3000+ AM2 (~€55)Any Low-budget VGA-card or even On board (€0 - €50)WinXP HomeThis should be available for below $400, it won't break any speed records, but it's enough for office stuff.

I found something I'm very happy with. It's a new ACER machine (not a refurb.) It came with everything, inlcuding windows, and was $429 Cdn, and had a $30 rebate on top of that. (Except the mouse is not optical, and the HD was only 80G.)I picked it up at Staples Business Depot. Generally I only like to buy a PC from a computer store, but this was a great deal.It will do her great for her first PC (she's only 6).BTW, what's Ubuntu?

Ubuntu is a linux distribution, it's great for people who don't know much about linux, because Ubuntu is very easy to use, they even name it "the linux for human beings".

You might check it out at: https://www.ubuntu.com/ . If you download the ISO file and burn it, you can boot it directly from the cd, without installing it first (so you could try it out first).