xisto Community
Ally1405241517

Need Help Designing Micro-Controller + IR Receiver If someone can help...

Haven't found special topic for this and wrote there.Can someone help me with developing IR Control on microcontroller + ir ?I searched many time but haven't found scheme. I want to made self-educationable IR Control board. The first I want it's out logical 1 on some pin on key press on my IR (From TV or Home Theater).And then made it self-educable. For example turn it to education mode by pressing some buttons. Then it will read code sent to the IR Receiver and write changes to EEPROM.Do you understand? And now, who can help me with scheme and programming? I haven't done this ever and don't know how to connect IR Receiver to MC and how IR works. How recognise commands for example?

Hi,I have had the same idea as you. I did attempted last time when developing a home security project (commercial one). But the result is very bad. I was using Microchip's PIC18F series and IrDA tranciever. Manually code the pulse receiving and transmitting. The timing is really hard to decode.What i did was to capture the pulse timing (carrier, pulse to pulse), then try to figure out the code that's sent by the remote control. The difficult part is that different model of remote control uses different pulse timing. A series of pulses representing a bit. Need to study all these before you can proceed. I only manage to get it to learn a JVC remote (one button only), but not consistent. My case is a bit more difficult, cause i also need the mcu to do other things as well at the same time. If you dedicate it to decoding IR signal, then maybe it's easier. The project i was developing was scrap later. The IR part is actually scrap a lot earlier before the project ended, hehe.My advice, if you want to do that, you should try the using the IR receiver(3 pin), not IrDA or IR sensor (don't walk my path, and don't reinvent the wheel). Using IrDA or IR sensor, you'll need to manually detect and filter the carrier signal, it's around 38kHz (depend of model), thus that alone will drain all the mcu's processing power. Those 3 pin IR receiver will actually demodulate the carrier and give you bit by bit pulse, then you just have to measure the timing of the pulse.Sending is easier, you can use the built in PWM to generate the 38kHz, then just pulse it according to the timing you receive.Let me know if you're still interested, i'll try to dig my history on those info. Might be a lot later, cause i'm still very damn busy this and the coming week.Good Luck