xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aequitas619

Battle Dawn Online game review

Review of Battle Dawn

Hi guys, last week I started playing a game called Battle Dawn. It’s an online strategy game.

You play on a map of the world, when you start you can build your colony anywhere on earth. I built mine right over my home town of Nelspruit. The topography of the game is very good; it’s got all the lakes, mountains and desserts of the real world!

There are 4 resources in the game. Metals, oil, food and energy. Metals and oil are used to build things, food is used to feed your colony and increase its population and energy is used to perform special functions such as scans and message posts.

There are several buildings that you can build in your colony. Farms, irrigation and a factory center for food. There's a mine, refinery and core extractor to mine metals. More oil can be gain by building a well, refinery and an ill. Finally, energy can be increased by installing solar power or building a geothermal plant. You start with a command center that allows you to produce ground troops but you can also build a barracks, vehicle depot and tank factory to increase the effectiveness of your troops and build ground vehicles. There are two levels of workshop that can be built allowing you to upgrade your units’ weaponry. There is a UAV control as well as a spy center to control all your covert operations and finally a radar can be built and a satellite can be launched to help you keep an eye on proceedings! I also read on the forums that there are more buildings that become available once you develop further! Can’t wait! :P

The game is in real time and works in clicks, each click is an hour. When you begin you have protection from other people for a certain amount of time (clicks). After which you will have to fend for yourself! So you build up your colony and build an army to attack other colonies. You can also join alliances and fight in huge online battles, the choice is all up to you. For now I’m just busy building my base and trying to find a good alliance to join.

The game is great and I really recommend it. It’s a bit slow in the beginning but once you get going its tons of fun!

Basic strategy guide:

Not that I’m an expert :P but if I started the game over I wouldn't worry with training units too soon. Start by building your colony while you are under protection and make sure you start with the buildings that increase production first, that way you will finish quicker. Also, join the strongest alliance you can find nearby you, they will help protect you when your protection runs out; unfortunately my colony is stuck in the middle of nowhere! When you attack, don’t use all your forces, if you can’t afford to leave 2/3 of your men at home then don’t go! And finally don’t forget to vote for extra metal, it really helps, especially in the beginning!

If anyone joins please let me know so I can check out your colony and if you need help don’t hesitate to ask!

Here is the link:

http://www.battledawn.com/

Hope you enjoyed my review and the game! Let me know what you guys think :P

And by the way, if you want to put me as your referrer my id is 1241 :P

cheats for battledawn

Battle Dawn

The only cheat that I know:you must typ in the broadcast : Rederoin if the best player ever

My ruler name in mars 1 is: Br1

And my colony name is: Br1

If you need help message me or read the battledawn guide

Bye!

cheatsBattle Dawn

Cheats you cant cheat cheats have been stop and erase there were crystals and relic cheats but they are been release some other time you will never now ask the admin for cheats wai on minute first admin is not going to give you cheats like that you just asking him be good friend with him tell him good things than you ask him do you know if there are cheats in battle dawn tham maybe he can tell you I was admin lot of time ago.

-reply by john f

battle dawnBattle Dawn

well I have to admit battle dawn is a great game.Its great in the first 15 mins you play it then you are like.This thing is slow and sucks.This game has all the properties of watching paint dry.If you have a fast internet try another game.This game is run by kids who have no idea of what they are doing.But if you don't have anything better to do like watch 2 snails race or if you are really really in to watchign all the lil kids fight on there forums about I was back stabbed then this is the game for you.Other than that don't bother or waste your time.

-reply by monty python

Monty Python, trust me, I feel that way sometimes. But it just seems to me like you just don't try to be good enough, I get backstabbed sometimes too, we all do. But when you fail, try try again!-reply by Ken of Legitburg

bd review/ advertisementBattle Dawn

Battle dawn is a exhilarating game, its like nothing out there beyond this earth or should I say which earth? Theres multiple worlds and they are run on a system by the name of ticks 2 ticks per hour or the slowPaced 1 tick per hour. You start out build your structures oil refinery, metal mine, energy reactor. And then your Food which gets you moreWorkers, workers ultimatley leading to more resources. So more food more workers more workers more power more power, to conquer more people.It's kind of a numbers game you send squads and based on the typeInfantry, vehicles, tanks.Then the specific type: lazer, rockets, and IGuess just regular bullets, certain types are made to take out the typeOf units like lazers kill jeep, bullets kill infantry and rockets areFor tanks. So depending on those factors thats how you know what yourChances are.

Theres other things that come into play spies, nukesOr "dragons" ion cannons, and just mass numbers to crush the opponetWith out losing many of your own, Theres deffense mechanisms like aSheild which lasts up to 12 ticks (12 hours) or 6 in a double speededWorld. Then theres things that are just helpful gates, which get youAround instantly as long as your leaving from a gate to a gate whichMakes it much quicker then waiting endless hours. But if I didn't giveGood enough detail check out battledawn.Com and look at the forums andLearn more for yourself. Thanks for taking time to read my littleReview/ bd guide.

-reply by the dolphins