xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aequitas619

Web Browser Games What do you think?

Hi everyone.I want to start making a online game using PHP and a MySQL database. Before I start I wanted to ask for some opinions, not about the code though, I want to know what type of game you think would be cool. What game would you join up to? I figure the best people to ask are the people who play games (Right). So let me know what you think. What I should do, what I shouldn't do, any information you think I should know before I start!Thanks to everyone!Peace

Since it's an idea that has already been widely spread, you will have to think of something unique. Most of these games have a build-fight-defend system, so I think you should rule that out.

An example of a good browser game is http://www.slavehack.com/. It is completely different from the patter I just mentioned, because you are not controlling an army or whatever. You are working alone and hacking other players :P

But I'm not innovative, I would be able to think of anything - I just gave you these pointers considering uniqueness.

You can take a look at Gameforge games like OGame, Vendetta and others...I think you need to create something very addictive (like ogame) but completely different from other games.As pyost said, you have to innovate and have a unique idea. If I had one I'd do it myself :P

I know, I need to have an original idea! But thats the problem! I've played Slavehack, I followed the link from the other forum.Maybe I will just make something thats been done already but just to get used to it and then I can have time to think of a great idea while I practise my skills. LOLThanks guys! :P

Replying to Aequitas619I used to play tribalwars a lot but then I found out that the game never ends. The tribes never end and people keep on fighting for villages, so eventually the old players lose interest as there is nothing new. However I loved the game and would have continued playing it if it ended.So I would be very happy if a see a game like tribal wars but only if it has an ending. Since tribal wars already exists so the idea is not original but I am sure that almost ALL gamers who play tribal wars will enjoy it. Even if you make something different I would suggest to have an ending and not make it an eternal never ending game.Thank you.-reply by hudai

tribalwars

Web Browser Games

Ok, I play tribalwars and think that it is a good game, however, It could be made better. A game called, "European crusades" . Basically, It is like tribalwars but you choose which country you start in and which region of that country. Each player starts with a City that contains certain buildings that can be upgraded. The maximum ammount of points a village should be able to reach is... 15,000 points. An army is basically lots of members who form a group. These armies should allow 200 people into them maximum and have a forum for the people to talk. Once established in the origin country, your army should be able to travel overseas to conquer the lands of europe. Ranking systems should show player rankings in the whole world, Army rankings in the whole world and Army rankings in individual countries.

This would be my ideal game. I want to make it myself but have no idea how to. If you decide to make this game, Please contact me at

Easty_g hotmail.Com

-reply by Tribalwars player

Well I belive a game like travian or tribalwars would go down very wellbecause There is only 3 I can think of like that and not to hard tomake ...-reply by Gamemaster

Everyone on here talks about tribalwars and travian which I both go on but I havent gone through all this posts so I'm just asking has anyone mentioned the-west.Net its a great game I love it I have my own town and stuff now on it and I have got better or has any1 said bout habbo hotel thts a wicked game I'm on it like everyday now since my mate got me on it also has anyone talked about runescape thats quite good but it would be good for ages 10-14 because I have grown out of runescape now but I have become quite fond of other stuf I don't go on many of them tht I have mentioned now except habbo but there really good every1 shud give them a go and see if they like them.

Reply back if you want

:] megan [: 

-reply by lil-megs11 -||megan||-

try eRepublikWeb Browser Games

try this game https://www.erepublik.com/en its awesome game , it will feel slow at the begining but then it will get interesting plus to do the baiscs you will need only 5 minutes a day , the game is what you make of and you can take it step further 

-reply by eRepublik

The-west is way to repetitive and got really boring way to fast, as forTribalwars it is a great game but way to time consuming. I would likeTo play a game that does not take to much time but still is enjoyable.As long as you have a good clan system people would play your game. ILook for mmorpgs and text based games were the clan system is good.That is my main focus when I join a game, everything else falls intoPlace therefore if you make a good clan system people will notice yourGame. I'm sure I am not alone and us people who have to desire to leadGroups of people and look for games which accomplish this aspect ofGaming. If you do choose to make a game I would love to help you outWith organizing the clan system for it, if not it's alright.

-reply by Mike

well I always thought it would be cool to take out the turn based crap I mean like forcing players to have something like action points so they can only do so much in the allotted time. I think I cool game idea would be to throw players into a game where they get to play as a Solder (meaning low rank and cant really do much to affect the game) but as they play they can get Rep, Xp, Money, and Influence so at a further point in the game they get a chance to found a town ( I think that would be fun because after a little time the players will have massive towns through out the game world and the new players will be able to trade and fight in this ever changing enviroment). However I'm sure this idea is a little out there for a Text based rpg.