xisto Community
Mutlu

What Is Maximum Capacity Of Astahost MySQL Database?

There is no real limit to a database capacity.I have created Oracle databases with several tens of terabytes, no problem.The only real limitation is the physical disk storage you have.Then, there are some small differences due to small implementation differences from one database manager to another one, or some bugs in one manager and not on another one.I know people having really huge databases work with Oracle, they are afraid working with mysql or postgres.

Hi Mutlu,why are sorry for ur topic, actually this is a common query people have. So nothing wrong in it.There is no particular limit set for Data storage. The database capacity depends on the physical disk storage. So depending on ur hard disk capacity, ur DB storage may vary. I think u wont use such a huge volume of Data so that ur out of memory. Another thing Mutlu, dont worry abt ur English knowledge, ur regular posting in Xisto may help ur Writing skill. Cheer up dude!!!

dont worry abt ur English knowledge, ur regular posting in Xisto may help ur Writing skill.

But you should not use this kind of working. Reading words like "ur" helps nobody learn English. :P

Yes it does but read below...it is not a real concern. The content will be you main concern.

A properly maintained MySQL Database can be rather small, depending on what you are storing with any database unless you are a massive company with millions of entries you should not have to really worry about the size of your MySQL Database.

If for example you use a forum like this one then you will be just fine with the limitations of the disk space offered. As fields are tokenized and fit into a set framework with any database management system. For all intents and purposes you should be just fine with 150 meg offered or even the initial start package.

Most forum software and also CMS (Content Management Systems) available will offer pruning of messages posted to your site on a basis that you control. Duplicate messages and stuff like that are usually not allowed with good software and keep data storage to just that data that is not also repeated.

You do need to keep in mind that data stored either in files or in a database management system (DBMS) will take up space but as stated above a good system like MySQL wil be just fine for your stuff unless you start actually putting BLOB (binary large object) instead of a link to that data (binary like movies or music) which also take up space.

All said, you should not even worry about the database, it will take care of itself and just do those things that make you site one that has people attracted to it.

Edited by Houdini (see edit history)

The limit of a MySQL database depends on the size of your wallet. How much storage and horsepower can you afford? That being said, there does come a point where MySQL begins to degrade in performance. But that number is far larger than any database I've ever deployed.

@Mutlu : now you have to give us an info.I think each one of us had a different understanding of your question.I understood that you wanted to know what the biggest possible database we could imagine. The answer is : "almost no limit".Maybe I am wrong ? Maybe your question was precisely on Xisto, asking how big could be the amount of database storage you are allowed on your free Xisto account ? Then the answer is : "rather small, but you can mage to survive with it".

as i see my brothers in forum has said to you has discussion to you on the system oracle you have asked about my sql data base but it not limited always on calculate the space you have install the mysql on it

So does the mysql db count against our total space?

No, the size of your database does not count towards your hosting disk space. Basically, think of database as free hosting place for your data files that is an extra add-on to your hosting pace. Therefore you can create how large or how many database you'd like as long as you are well within Xisto Free Web Hosting, No Ads AUP and TOS.

Not bad for free hosting place, huh? :P

Are you sure? I think the size of the databese is added to your disk usage. At least it sould for security reasons...

If you look at your cpanel General account information, you will see the exhausted part of your quotas.
You will see someting like :

Disk usage 64.29 / 150.00 MB SQL Disk usage 1.59 MB
Disk space available 85.71 MB

So, it seems that today the SQL disk usage is a courtesy of Xisto, they kindly take it apart from our general disk usage.
So, we should not abuse, else they will change their mind!