xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
djboganofbeatz

Dont You Hate It When.....

You re-image your laptop but forgot to turn the power switch on. Yes this happened to me today...as I went back to the I.T office at school i notice my laptops screen was black..hmmm i thought it was in standbye but no when i re-booted it i found that there was a file missing from windows.What made it worse is that school finished in 1/2 hour and the re-imaging takes 50 minutes due to having to install various programs etc.Yes well there is my lame story.... leave your dont you hate its

now I get it :P . Battery was empty at the end of the re-imaging.Why did you want to re-re-image it, while you could have simply copied the missing file. That would probably only take 10 minutes or so.

haha i had to re-image it because i was playing games in class....then the teachers caught me and my friends and gave us a warning and said if we do it again he will tell us to re-image it.... and then i said i need to re-image it anyway ...sooo yehh he told me to and mmm I wouldnt have a clue how to copy the missing file ..i couldnt even boot up my computer to the windows start page let alone copy a file..Anyhoo its all good now and i got macromedia suite 8 because of it :P

Could someone explain what re-imaging a laptop is? I think I have heard of the term before, but I have no clue what it is.Is it similar to reformatting or reinstalling the operating system?

Reimaging a notebook is similar to reformatting a disk. Any information stored on the computer will be erased. Please back-up your files to prevent major losses of data should something happen to your notebook.

That should clear it up.
How you have the permissions to do such a thing I'll never know. At our college, we're very restricted to what we can and can't do.