xisto Community
black shadow

Template Review

Please rate my template
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

I don't have a working one cuz i don't have a host >.<

well i think its very original template, its not so bad u know, but its very specefic, i mean it not covaring all of users that using this site may be ur tempalate more better for young or not serious people, anyway very good idea with design like a Japanic Theme

I like the use of colors for appropriate theme. It's good layout but the thing is that this template would only be used for blogs. I don't see this being used for --like the guy above me said "serious people"-- but it's alright. It'd be a good xanga template or something to that nature. Keep up the good work.

Please rate my template
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

I don't have a working one cuz i don't have a host >.<

Nice job, i like your color scheme, but check your loading time because the same happens to me as to Yordan, loading lasts too much.

Best regards,

Nice job, i like your color scheme, but check your loading time because the same happens to me as to Yordan, loading lasts too much.
Best regards,

No sure that loading time is an issue ... you have posted an image of your template ... not the HTML etc page.

Your template uses a nice combination of colors, and your layout is simple, which is good. Because layouts that are too complex and squished may lead the user away from your site from the frustration of where to find certain specific information that they are visiting your website for. Although I would try to improve your layout just a tad bit more, because I know when I make templates I would end up change it up little by little each time during the implementation phase. Just for the convenience for users that are viewing your site.

No sure that loading time is an issue ... you have posted an image of your template ... not the HTML etc page.

Yes you are right, but at first sight you can get an idea of this issue by viewing the template image, of course, it is a very very vague.

Best regards,

I takes a long time to load and I'm not a big fan of anime but from my experience with photoshop and art I would give it a 6 out of 10 I don't see any thing that sticks out and nothing cought my eye but I would say its the basic anime nothing more!

@theking648: I'm sorry, but I do not agree with your idea of "rating" his template. We're here to make things better.. this is not some sort of competition! Even though you provided a few bits of constructive criticism in your post, the number "6" without any justification or reasoning is worthless and even degrading from the overall purpose of this topic.

@black shadow: Very nice and aesthetically pleasing template! Seems as though for the purpose it will serve it does a great job. A few things that caught my eyes are:

The borderline between your anime character and the black background is sometimes not smooth enough, like at the bottom of the tail or at the right side of the picture where the white patch is totally out of place, in my eyes.

I don't like the font faces you chose for your template at all. The main content font is reasonable, but the fonts for the white headers (on the pink background) is horrid, and so is the one for the links! The only font that I like is for the "some content" title.

The links seem a bit unevenly spaced, especially at the top, and they could use a bit of a margin at the bottom to separate them from the rest of the column.

Oh, and speaking of columns and margins... I think you would be better off spacing out the columns by a few more pixels!

Sorry for being so picky, but it just comes to show that I appreciate your template and I find that it has potential! Good luck!

Interesting template like the fact your using the whole image of the anime cat girl.The one thing I notice right away is on the left side is that part of the content box is sticking out by maybe a 2/2.5 pixels.Next thing I notice is hte size of the image, the banner is huge, if your banner is that big hopefully you crunch it down a lot or you will be suffering big time lag when people upload it. I still think it will look good at roughly half the size you got going on.now with the image, by the looks of it you cut it yourself or you took an existing image and made it larger. If it is the first one then I suggest that you re cut it but instead of using the wand tool zoom in and then use the eraser tool.Now if you did it the other way use a blur tool and blur it at 2-3 to get rid of some of the pixelation. However when your resizing it make sure it's equal to all sides so it won't pixelate like that.I would drop the side bars since you want the tail to be connected and not chopped off like that.Next thing you should change is the content headers from white to maybe a dark purple/pinkish color so it can be seen better and not blind the user.Should be interesting what this looks like fully coded.

Overall it is a good template for personal stuff but i wouldn't use it for anything else other than that. Otherwise it's pretty basic and simple. Maybe you could also fill in the outside right next to the main table with a matching colour or something because it does look really out of place with just a white stripe going down on either side.Also the between the 'navigation' and 'introduction' columns there could be more of a space because it looks kind of crowded there.-HellFire