xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vhortex

How To Delete File Using PHP Shell Script

i have this problem regarding file accessseems that my admin host or the server system itself have locked up the acces to create new file, delete[unlink] a file.. change file permissions and such controls to file..someone told me to use php shell script.. can you help me out here?********i just need to find out how to use php shell script and add it to my php scripts to delete a file..thanks

You mentioned the method to remove a file using http://php.net/unlink , have you looked at that?

Why the file is locked, could be a number of reasons, you're not the owner or a super user who can remove that file, it's in use so locked for that reason and possibly a number of other reasons.

PHP Shell is just the same as using PHP on the web, it's just ran in a command line way, so it's not different than doing it through a page.

How are you trying to remove the file, via FTP? If that's not working and you can't upload a file, or edit it etc, then you might have to ask your host for support to find out why this is happening, they could be doing some server updates/changes and have locked it for these reasons so you don't corrupt anything on your server while these changes are happening.

Cheers,

MC

by shell commend its rm |file anme|you can create your own file with the name"delete.now" with 777 chmod that acctually is a shell filein file get the name by run coomend, give chmod 777 and rm itGET for shell run commend is$1 for firste.g"delete.now" :chmod 777 $1 &rm $1"run.php" :<?php$file="file.name";system("./delete.now ".$file);?>i hope that helpsNoMore