xisto Community
Ed :P

Make Your Own Game

Ok so a lot of you have been wondering how to make a game. Probably, many of you assumed you needed a degree in programing to make a good game. No, not at all, all you need is a little help. A good program called gamemaker *(how did it get it's name)* compiles almost all actions you interact with in games, and there are loads of action libraries that let you do everything imaginable inside of a game.

Dont like reading? Get it here

More info... Making a game starts with planing, drawing, setting up objects, and putting them together on the screen. After you make the game, you can make it as an executable or you can get the game hosted at that site you got it from and they will convert the .GM6 file into flash or java, depending on size, actions inside the game, and how well it is made. Flash are for simple games that will probably be addicting, java are bigger games, or not well crafted. More information at that site up there.

Tell me what you think of it right here.

Edited by Ed :P (see edit history)

I have tried this to just to experiment..it is relatively easy after you understand the concepts of it.No programming experience is required.I have read in a magazine that a 12 year old develops games using this and share it.Don't expect to create DOOM 3 these are simple games meant for just time pass OR a one time playing.I thought about making something but didn't got a good idea for making it into a reality.Will check this out once I get a good idea(???)

It is fun though. I was playing around with it a second ago. Im thinking about giving people free registered versions if they produce good games as insentive to make us games.

If your interested in simplier game making, I could suggest you to look into "MUGEN" I hear and seen some cool looking fighting games come out from that. For example, Ive seen a game that combined elements and objects from Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Z, Samurai Showdown, Naruto, and basically anything that had sprites and made it into a fighting game. Generating and implementing their own combos in the the game as well as coming up with their own super moves.I wish I got into game making, I would have further pursued to learn how to mess with MUGEN, if you like to find info or see what I am talking about you can always search for MUGEN on google or on youtube to see the many games that people have made and released for the public to download their own game making. Talented individuals have developed fighting games that I have sampled to be almost better then certain 2d fighting games I have ever played.

Ok so a lot of you have been wondering how to make a game. Probably, many of you assumed you needed a degree in programing to make a good game. No, not at all, all you need is a little help. A good program called gamemaker *(how did it get it's name)* compiles almost all actions you interact with in games, and there are loads of action libraries that let you do everything imaginable inside of a game.
Dont like reading? Get it here

That Link does not exist!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to make an Online Text-based RPG

You wil need some experiance of php and mysql not alot!!
You can get the Source Codes to make a game by going to Mccodes.com
PM me if you would like some more info.

an Example of a game running on MCcodes 1.1 is criminal-galore.com
an Example of a game running on MCcodes 2.0 is Deepgrave.com

I have made allot of flash games and moves, I am thinking of making a website to put them on there. But it is not the kind which will yet you make games like UT2004. But I am interested in something that will allow me to make a game like that. But I won’t able to put it on my website like I can do with flash. Also for the software to make a game like UT2004 you need to buy it.

Game maker is a nice application, but there are a number of applications in development to create cool games. Blender3D will do so with the reintroduction of the game engine, but attempts are being made to intergrate blender closely with the Crystal Space game engine, all of which are free and opensource. The nice thing about those apps are the cross platform compatiablity. Make it in windows, plays on Mac/Linux. Gamemaker is limited to the Windows platform only. That being said, for the $20 the program costs, it's a nice piece of software and worth it if you want to learn the basics without having to get into coding.However, if you want to make an advanced game, then your going to have to code at some point, period.

i have it, but 1 it doesnt work for the kinda game i want to make (i really didnt look that hard though). 2, it seems like i dont need to do much anything to make the game, its like sombody else made the game and i just got the ideas, not my type. BUT if that the way you want to do it then its a wonderful program, im not dissin anyone that made a game like that cuz im sure it was still hard, but i just dont like that method.