xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blackhawk838

I Learnt How To Put A AGP Video Card In!

Hay i just bought a cheap AGP Video card, i had a Ati Readon 9250 but i upgraded to a Ati Readon 9550,i had no idea how to put it in... so my mate told me how to do it and it worked its all good cause now i can play BattleField 2142... Its a good card so far im very happy with ATI have had any problems! :) Only that it reboots some times in 2142-Thanks BlackHawk!

Nice job.BF2142 is my new favorite game I absolutely love it.I would like to make you aware of one thing however.Video cards are improving at amazing rates but you are limiting yourself.You should start a new computer build that carries PCI-Ex16 ( PCI Express ) instead of AGP.PCI is faster and more reliable then AGP which is why newer video cards are not available in AGP.I'm not saying you need to hurry up and upgrade but when it is time to upgrade a video card again I suggest you go all out and get a new Motherboard with a PCI-Express slot.( Also, overclocking is much safer with PCI Express )

Good Job! I first learned how to install a graphics card (for a matter of fact, any other cards) back when the TNT2 dropped and I had to buy it to play the newest games. It's pretty easy though, kinda like legos. You just slide it into the slot and screw it in. It's funny how people are paying technicians $50+ to install something that can take 10 minutes of your time and a little bit of experimentation.

Learning something like this can be a great experience to the computer illiterate. The thing is that most people don't have the slightest idea what the insides of their computer look like, let alone how to remove the parts. I have seen people damage parts inside their computers because they don't know how to remove them properly. I have seen on the Dells where the AGP card is not only mounted to the slot with a screw, but also has a green latch locking it down a little. So if a user doesn't know in advance to push the latch a little before tugging the card out, they can end up damaging the contacts.True that some people pay technicians big money for doing something as simple as this, but at the risk of not breaking anything, probably worth it. Then again, most users will call technicians to help because they don't know what's wrong...that's where the tech's knowledge comes into play :)