xisto Community
niran

Help Me To Setup The Asp Application!

Hi all!!

I'm a newbie at asp.net

I'm not able to run the asp .net application in my system!

It will always display some debugging error even though I wont go to edit those default pages created by the application! :)

I don't know why its generating some sort of error messages always!

Today I had reinstalled my OS and tried installing

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003!

But while trying to debug the application! But Its generating an error message like:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start without debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?

I didn't edited any of the default pages created by the software, and was trying to test the project by simply putting a label box on that page! :D

I was trying to create >> Visual Basic Projects >> ASP .NET web application!

And while pressing F5, it always shows the same error message!

Let me explain the problem fully!

I had installed Windows XP Pro in my system!

Then installed IIS from control panel ( by selecting those front page extensions also)

Then Installed Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003

I didn't changed any of the settings in IIS and .NET 2003!~

I was trying to test the project by selecting create >> Visual Basic Projects >> ASP .NET web application

I can create application, but the problem arises while I go to debug the application by pressing F5 button!

I didn't changed any of the default files including Web.config file!

Goggled some time for fixing the problem! but any of the solutions didn't worked for me! :D

Anybody knows how to solve the problem?? Please help me!

Waiting for your responses!!

Niran

So far I've only touch ASP, ASP.NET only once. When I last played with asp.net, the file wasn't edited with visual studio. It works out of box. When i tried with visual studio, it generated too many files, and i didn't like the idea, so that's it, never use visual studio for asp.net ever since.But i've some advice. Try to nail the problem from bottom up, aka, from the most basic testTry to see if it's the problem of IIS, .Net or VS.Test html first, then asp, use a very simple file, probably just print out a string. then try asp.net. All with notepad firstIf those pass, then must be VS' problem. Try a project with out any UI like the above.Btw, you should know that you'll better install IIS before installing VS, so VS can configure IIS properly.I don't have IIS installed at the moment, seldom use now. Let me know if you still can't get it right. Maybe I'll it a go.

Nothing working fine friend!

I am still getting the error message as

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. Server-side error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start without debugging. You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online documentation. Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?

I tried reinstalling the application also!

and didn't changed any thing in the default settings and default files that all are generated during creation of a new project! Googling also didnt helped me! Anybody here to help me?? :P

Nothing working fine friend!

Can you test running some simple codes and see if it works. Just to confirm that the basic things works.

There some link here for you to refer.

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/showasp.asp?filename=demo_text

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_examples.asp

If you can confirm that the basic things actually functioning, then we can move on to more advance troubleshooting

Good Luck

Can you test running some simple codes and see if it works. Just to confirm that the basic things works.

There some link here for you to refer.

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/showasp.asp?filename=demo_text

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_examples.asp

If you can confirm that the basic things actually functioning, then we can move on to more advance troubleshooting

Good Luck

Thanks for your suggestion friend! I had tried some of the sample codes on that site! But its still displaying the same error only! But now I can notice that, If I type: LOCALHOST/myfilelocation.aspx, then it will display the page! But the problem arises when I try to run the Debugger by pressing F5 in the Visual Studio .NET GUI! Is there any default settings need to be changed for running the debugger?

But now I can notice that, If I type: LOCALHOST/myfilelocation.aspx, then it will display the page!

You meant out of maybe a few pages you've tried, only that page works?

Can you upload the working page and another non working one here?

And also your system software specs, like windows' version, service pack, IIS setting.

I'll try to take a look in the coming week, cause right now i'm quite busy with my work.

Or at least with those information, others can help also.

So please be patient.

Regards
Faulty

You meant out of maybe a few pages you've tried, only that page works?
Can you upload the working page and another non working one here?

And also your system software specs, like windows' version, service pack, IIS setting.

I'll try to take a look in the coming week, cause right now i'm quite busy with my work.

Or at least with those information, others can help also.

So please be patient.

Regards
Faulty

I am having
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
Dot net framework 1.4 (installed as part of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 )
Dot net Framework 2.0
And I'm having Avira AntiVirÂŽ PersonalEdition Classic ( http://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-windows )
Disabled Windows Firewall and and I'm using Norton Personal Firewall 2006

Anybody here to point out the problem?

Hi Niran,Can you upload the working page (myfilelocation.aspx) and another non working one here?We'll need that as reference point to test.Regards,Faulty

thanks faulty.lee for spending ur time to fix my issue!

It was a simple problem! :P

hehe he! I was using my DSL modem to connect to Internet!

I think, its configured as a client in LAN! ( I don't know why it is :P )

So, we need to specify the IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway and DNS information manually!

That was the problem!! :P

So, after identifying the issue, now I can debug the ASP application without any trouble! :P

So, Im explaining how the issue has been solved, if any one comes across the same trouble!

Goto>> Control panel >> administrative tools >> computer management

there you can see one IIS settings. in that IIS settings, just right click the default website and select properties!

For me there was my IP address specified for DSL! :P which was making me mad! :P faulty.lee

Posted Image

so, after identifying this issue, I temporarily disabled the LAN system, that automatically displayed the default IP address as 170.0.0.1 . After selecting that default IP address, its working fine without any problem!

thanks for spending your time to fix the issue!

:P

Hi,Good to hear that. Glad it helps. Anyway, always try to isolate the problem one by one, then you can easily nail it down.Regards

Hey by the way what are u still doing with VS.NET 2003?Goto MS website and get the VS2005 express editions for free. get the 2.0 framework an start working on legal software straightaway. It is much more smarter than 2003 and comes with its own WebServer, so you need not do tweaking in IIS at all.Also SQL Serve 2005 Express is free so you get the complete package free of cost, with the latest technology.Working with framework 2.0 is just awesome.

ASP application

Help Me To Setup The Asp Application!

I have the code for an ASP application and I have the IIS installed on the Windows XP but I do not knwo how to start the application...

Can anyone help me ???? What are the steps ?

Regards

-question by Anna

help me to solve the below problemHelp Me To Setup The Asp Application!

hi

I hav created folder and web shared it. Bt wen I try to run it on visual studio its giving error saying tht " make sure the server is operating correctly.Verify there are no syntax errors in web.Config by adding a Debug. Start without debugging." I hav tried all possibilities the above solutions dint wrk 4 me. Please kindly reply to me if u knw the ans.

thanx in advance

-reply by chaya

Error while trying to run projectHelp Me To Setup The Asp Application!

Please help me. When I run the my web project then display error massage like below picture.

my frame .NET work is: 1.0.3705

and I setup all project correctly.

however when I browsing the default.Aspx file then showing massage like this.

Server Error in '/framework' Application.

Server Error in '/framework' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration fileAppropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'settings'Source Error:

Line 23: </startup>Line 24: <system.Net>Line 25: <settings>Line 26: <httpWebRequest useUnsafeHeaderParsing="True" />Line 27: </settings>

Source File: F:ALA_Source_NewXEStoreFrontWebweb.Config Line: 25-reply by Jayantha