xisto Community
jimmy89

XNA Game Studio Express

has anyone heard of this yet? i saw it recently and so its its looking pretty interesting! i know its Microsoft and its only going to be on windows, but for some that would be ok. it looks like a great game maker and so far what has been said about it is good! but what i really want to know, what does everyone else think of it?

has anyone heard of this yet? i saw it recently and so its its looking pretty interesting! i know its Microsoft and its only going to be on windows, but for some that would be ok. it looks like a great game maker and so far what has been said about it is good! but what i really want to know, what does everyone else think of it?

It's also for Xbox 360. Still in beta. Based on C#, sorry to VB programmer. Haven't try it yet. Maybe will try sometime after DirectX10 is release. I'm now write a software using DirectX9. Can't distribute beta version of DirectX to my clients, hehe :)

Checkout this site for more info
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/tmiller/
Edited by faulty.lee (see edit history)

i have heard that its made for distribution on xbox, but is the actual programming utility going to be made available on other os's? if so that would be great!

No I don't think so
It requires the .net framework in order to run.
Only way to see it on other os's is to emulate it :/

Well for XNA itself I think it's a pretty nice tool.
I downloaded their first beta release, don't know if they have made major changes since then but what I don't really like is you have to download an IDE from MS which of course isn't free (30 days trial mode)
That really s**** :/
Apart from that it's kewl, Games have to be written in C# which isn't that hard to learn if you haven written something in C++ before.
You can use it to create XP oder Xbox360 Games.
360Games only if you pay a little fee, so you can run your code on native 360, which isn't available if you don't sign in

Look https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/game-development/ for further informations