xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the first time I think I might give up on consoles. I'm wondering if the new consoles will really be all that great. I'm not buying the hype. Think it will really be all that great? I remember before when consoles used to be state of the art. They always used to seem so amazing and cool. Remember the Super Nintendo days? These days they are starting to seem like mini custom computers. It sucks. I would rather get a computer with better performance than the console. I know you probably can't compete with their processing power but the loading and graphics can definitely be better. I think the day of the console might be dead for me...

Edited by HTML_Guru (see edit history)

For the first time I think I might give up on consoles.  I'm wondering if the new consoles will really be all that great.  I'm not buying the hype.  Think it will really be all that great?  I remember before when consoles used to be state of the art.  They always used to seem so amazing and cool.  Remember the Super Nintendo days?  These days they are starting to seem like mini custom computers.  It sucks.  I would rather get a computer with better performance than the console.  I know you probably can't compete with their processing power but the loading and graphics can definitely be better.  I think the day of the console might be dead for me...

1064326662[/snapback]

I kind of know what you mean...But, I say just wait and see what this next generation brings. I remember reading somewhere that the total leap from this generation of games to the next in terms of graphics and hardware can be comparable from the jump from the Original consoles to the 32-Bit systems or something like that.

But I'm with you, back in the days of genesis and snes were some of my favorites. You're a Metal Slug fan? Me too.

Anyways, my opinion is, if you've been a console gamer all these years, you should stick it out and see what kind of games weg get see at launch.

aaaah Those were the days . Remember we posed that we have genesis . But now consoles are everywhere and we can get them anywhere . I think the console generation is dying . There have been too many consoles and too many games . That right consoles have good loading and good graphics but there have been to many consoles to release another one .You better go with a computer . These days computers can do anything and thus are the best . But consoles are limited and have too many games and thus companies cant create more games because consoles are limited and they cant think of a game .You see consoles are dying because they are limited for example if you have 1 apple and eat it theres no any left and you can eat .Companies have used all their games and cant release and because of this they try to make better consoles .

I would say computers are the best by far. They have the best graphics and performance (overall), and have the best multiplayer. They also have the advantage of being able to do many other things, such as word processing and internet access, which sometimes makes them a better value. The only thing PCs don't really have is some of the titles consoles have.

I think the one thing I'll really miss is getting together with everyone. That was the one thing that the console was really good at. Multiplayer in the same room with a bunch of controllers. As far as emulators go you can do that with a computer but most new PC games require your friends to have another computer and LAN parties seem so overkill. I don't think me and my friends would ever do that... Maybe one day computer games will have better controller support and multiplayer. Who knows?I am considering a console but I'm not too sure. If it's good enough I might get it. The only problem is that I'm losing interest in them so I might opt for a modded console. Games cost so much and let’s face it, you don't have to pay for anything on a computer these days. The price of your console will skyrocket over a computer soon enough.Kind of off subject but there is another thing I like about computers. Dual monitors. It’s so crazy to be playing a game on one monitor and watching a show on the other. If you never tried it and you have a good enough video card you gotta do it. And don't worry, this isn't like drugs. You won’t regret it later.

Couldn't find an edit button so I had to make another post... I'm just wondering what 64 bit gaming will do to 32 bit consoles... I think PC technology is just moving too fast for consoles... Kind of sad... I don't even like consoles anymore but it will be sad if they die...

computers will always be on top, sure xbox 360 has revealed msn integration but pc has hd that for a long time, ps3 and xbox 360 are definetly a big step forward im justsurprised they released them so soon after xbox and ps2and where is nintendo revolution in this topic?? i mean has anyne even thought of the new remote that comes with nintendo revolution?! its wireless and it sences where your remote is pointing and does it in the game, so if you swing your arm in real time, your going to swing your arm in the game and with FPS just move your remote closer to the tv to zoom in, itspretty cool, but computers will rule now and forever :) no console can surpas what a pc can do at the moment (maybe a mac :))

i disagree. i dont own a console and never have but i have not problems with these new pc like consoles. they can only be a good thing. better power and performence can only be good - to recreate the magic of old games you dont need old technology but you need good game designers and good gameplay. the increased performence will decrease loading time and such problems.i think the 2 controller playstation was one of the worst ideas ever. you need 4 controller to make local multiplayer fun. and with xbox live mega multiplayer is getting better on consoles too.we will have to see with the next generation consoles out soon. not sure how many xbox people will change straight away but i think people with ageing ps2s probably will buy the xbox 360 when its out for christmas. i think the movement with these consoles towards being home media servers is definatly a good idea becasue it is much nicer than having a media pc in your lounge which most people dont want. using these new consoles for media is the way forward.next step tv tuners and hd recording aswell?? i think so.

After reading up on these kick *bottom* cell processors (STATE of the art, much nicer that x86)im thinking of buying a PS-3..Im not going to play games on it.IBM sent kernel patches to the linux mailing list for the cell cpu's. and they work.infact, Play station 3 hard disks are pre-installed with Linux.so im happy :) (aslong as i can plug the ps3 into a lcd monitor :) )

For the first time I think I might give up on consoles.  I'm wondering if the new consoles will really be all that great.  I'm not buying the hype.  Think it will really be all that great?  I remember before when consoles used to be state of the art.  They always used to seem so amazing and cool.  Remember the Super Nintendo days?  These days they are starting to seem like mini custom computers.  It sucks.  I would rather get a computer with better performance than the console.  I know you probably can't compete with their processing power but the loading and graphics can definitely be better.  I think the day of the console might be dead for me...

1064326662[/snapback]

The newest system in my apartment is a SNES. That's because my brothers are the ones who own the newer systems (XBox and PS2 - oh and there's a Dreamcast, N64 and GameCube floating around back home somewhere as well). My sibs are *far* more into gaming than I am so ... unless it's an old-school gaming system, I'm going to have to say that I've basically always preferred PC gaming. My computer handles all the games that I actually care about (mostly strategy games or action titles - but nothing overly complex) ... so I don't see the need to invest a few hundred bucks plus the cost of each game for a separate system.

That and I get more joy out of finding a game that one of my sibs is drooling over, buying it and giving it to them randomly just to watch their jaws smack into the floor. Okay so I'm a dork but at least I enjoy it.

Couldn't find an edit button so I had to make another post... 

I'm just wondering what 64 bit gaming will do to 32 bit consoles...  I think PC technology is just moving too fast for consoles...  Kind of sad...  I don't even like consoles anymore but it will be sad if they die...

1064326698[/snapback]

What are you talking about? You know that the PS2 was a 128-bit console right?

Anyway, to continue on the original question posed by this thread.

It truely too early to tell. From what I've seen, the XBOX 360 offerings look pretty sweet. I cannot wait to play Madden '06 for XB360.

There's a lot of true images of next-gen console systems out there now and it looks really really good.

What about Battlefield 2 for 360, and Call of Duty 2 for 360? That'll kick lots of you know what. The best thing about XB 360 is the pre-existing user network on XB Live.

That's just the XB 360. I am looking forward to the PS3. I've loved what sony has done so far and I don't see any reason for that to change.

Hah you're right. I dunno what I was thinking. 32 bit consoles, what is that? A Playstation 1? I was thinking of the processors the Xbox 360 was going to use and I got lost somewhere along the way... Someone told me they were going to be using Pentium 4s but they are using some IBM processor so now I'm lost again.

But my point was I'm wondering what will happen to consoles after computers change to 64 bit. It will probably bring out a whole new generation of PC games.

These things do make good media centers like someone said. That's another good thing except that most of what I do is with data on my hard drive...

Don't you have to pay extra for Xbox Live? Errrr...

If I did get a console I think it might be the Nintendo one. I didn't think about it but it sounds kind of good. Sometimes I like to break out the old Super Nintendo games and that thing has complete backwards compatibility right? After that I guess I'll decide on what games are released for other systems. All I know is that if I'm getting one itâs gonna be modded...

Guess youâre right and we will have to wait. But from the game play Iâve seen and the specs Iâve read about Iâm extremely skeptical.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/03/25/gdc-2004-unreal-engine-30-revealed

That article came out in March 2004... Take a look at some of the screenshots...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I agree with Perfect Chaos, Revolution and PS3 are probaly going to kick Xbox off the market with their consoles. Also since the main reason for Xbox (Bungee) is-going-to/has signed a contract with Sony to releace their xbox's top sellers on the PS3. Which means Halo 1-2-3 will all be on the PS3

I would rather have the 360 because i heard it was really good. Apparantly it had wireless controlls? How cool is that? But im tempted to get the ps3 as i have only had the ps1 then i got the xbox so i might get the ps3.. But altogether they sound promising and look promissing.