xisto Community
Aka_Bar

Hosting Usage For what, where and why...

Hello EveryBody,well i interesed in one think for what are u using your free hosting from Xisto.com it wll be good if u tell me why u do so and show link of your site, and i think we should have some descussions about this theme, becasue i guess its interesting information for all of you!

I found Xisto through one of those mega free web hosting sites. One of my requirements was no banner ads and that pretty much limited me to post for credit systems. To make this work I had to find a forum that I actually wanted to talk on. I wouldn’t consider myself a recluse or antisocial but I only talk (or type) when it is of interest to me. I suppose with many personalities of my type, talking about nothing or small talk just wastes air. Xisto was one of the only sites that is technology driven. Not only could I talk about something that interested me, there were others here that could answer questions that 99% of the general population could not. I have had many chances to switch to a paid host (and sometimes I have almost done it due to the aforementioned resistance to talking) but I have found a great use for Xisto. I have had many programming questions answered here and I have found it to be a great traffic generator for my site. While reviewing the logs on my site I have found that most of the traffic comes from the Xisto forums and in turn most of that traffic comes from Google.Now I guess on to my site. I have two primary uses for my Xisto site. The first is to host http://www.ycoderscookbook.com/ or also The Yahoo! Coder’s Cookbook. I got involved with Yahoo! Messenger several years ago. I am also a hobbyist computer vulnerability researcher so these two worlds quickly collided. When I started my research on Messenger I found so many sites dedicated to booters that my head almost popped off. Quite simply there was A LOT of junk and no substance. What I wanted was protocol information and some of the more useful information that a computer programmer would need. I found none. I ended up reverse engineering all of the Messenger protocols from scratch and writing my own Messenger clone (a bit rough but still useful). Also during this time I created a research paper for a class that I was taking that asked the question “how does a Yahoo! Messenger boot packet work and does it cause a buffer overflow that can be used to send malicious code to the victim?” I found that most boot code of the time actually did not cause a typical buffer overflow and there was little chance of injecting code. In the end I had a lot of information and I know nothing like this existing on the Internet so I felt a civic duty to share my knowledge with others.The second use for my site is software development testing. I have several programs that communicate over the Internet and I can use my Xisto account to deposit log data and the such.Hope this wasn’t too long and involved. I hope Xisto keeps up the good work. I would hate to have to find something similar all over again.

Hey guys, i use my space to run http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . The site is currently in constrcution. I am trying to make member system which will make my life easier and my families. But i am also using my space to run a pretty large physics application at physics.bakalinsky.org . Its currently password protected, if you like physics and want to check our some of the problems then contact me and ill give you access.

i fount Xisto through freewebspace
i was looking for a new place to recreate my scripts and show them
i really hope this host will stay up for lonk time and will not go down like the rest of the "Free Hosting Companys" lol
i puted the " becose none of tham wasnt a real Free Hosting Company, thay was like a game for lil kids who like to try the hosting bussines
i think this one is different, i hope so :)

NoMore

Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - My scripts site

Hi, I use my space at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for:

debug web applications that i develop for my customers.

test any kind of scripts (javascript, php, etc.) i found.

investigate all the funtionallity of the CPanel web admin.

store any kind of data i need to access everywhere.

Right now my site is under construction so you cant find any thing at my frontpage, but if you wish you can view my Trivia Script i develop.

Best regards,

I was searching at https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl for "free cpanel web hosting" which supports,

Domain Hosting

Own Sub-Domains

Unlimited MySQL Databases

FTP Manager

and php, perl supports

I got http://forums.xisto.com/ from Google.com and from there I got the information about http://forums.xisto.com/

I was searching for a stable reliable web hosting server, because my old server always goes offline for 1 min in each and every 10 min intervals! Thats why I was searching for some stable server!

Finally I got into Xisto.com and now I can say that, it is the best free web hosting server than any other hosting servers ( including paid hosting servers) which includes all the necessary packages for the professonal web servers! Initially I was facing some issues while transfering my account to here! But the guys around here helped me a lot to overcome all those troubles, and finally I got a best ever hosting server here! Guys here at this forum helped me a lot, and I like to express all my heartful thanks to all those guys around here! :)

Oh, I forgot to mention about my site url!

Its http://www.niranvv.com/ which is my homepage and

Im having one subdomain also here!

Its http://www.funlokam.com Its the phpbb forum with free Funny Pictures, Jokes, Free SMS fascilities, Free Orkut and Gmail Invitations!

Im getting around 250+ unique hits per day and my site hosted here is working fine without any problem from the beginning itself!

Well, I arrived here March 2005 after finding Xisto on a free website index, probably freewebspace.com. I was hoping to start a a reunion website for my friends around the World but it never really got going. I planned ahead and chose a domain name that I could use for several applications such as general discussion web forum.
FORUM500.COM
Nearly everyone active now has been there at least once! That is where the Free Web Hosting Application Script is located. :) The domain hasn't done anything, the index is just links to related places. The sub-directories and subforums are where the fun is.

I have 2 addon domains here as well! VWONE.COM is a very slow to grow volkswagen website I work on from time to time but have a hard time really getting into for now. I need inspiration for that site but I sold my beetle more than 10 years ago. :D

The other addon domain is HANDYPHP.COM which is my new website and is doing pretty well these days. It is a PHP helpsite and snippet repository. Much of the site is still in developement but to artificially stimulate the website, I have released a couple of extensions for Joomla which seem to be pretty popular. I wrote the first one for my website and decided to distribute it publicly. The second one isn't for my website but is similar in nature to the first and fills a larger need than the first one. I may develope a few more since they drive so much traffic to my site.

The plan is and has always been to develope a successful website and promote it and host it here until I exceed the limitation of my account. Once I max out my Xisto account, I'll move to paid hosting. As long as everything goes to plan, :D, if I have maxed out this account, I should be able to generate enough traffic to pay for my hosting cost through advertising. :D

Anyone interested in PHP may join my website either for help or to share knowledge.

Other than that, I just sit back, maintain the forum, make a few posts and enjoy my fantastic hosting account!

vujsa

i had joined here with one idea, i mean i have one business site on my mind and im doing it already, so it has almost done some security reasons im thinking, and ability to finish it here, i dont know may be it will work may be no who knows, only GOD knows!!! lets return to my project it kind of Investment programm as well as u know internet like a HYIP but it seams for people who dont know about this business,well, as fast as i can i wll finish it and show to u all!!! i think it will be new for internet hyips

Edited by Aka_Bar (see edit history)

....The other addon domain is HANDYPHP.COM which is my new website and is doing pretty well these days. It is a PHP helpsite and snippet repository. Much of the site is still in developement but to artificially stimulate the website, I have released a couple of extensions for Joomla which seem to be pretty popular. I wrote the first one for my website and decided to distribute it publicly. The second one isn't for my website but is similar in nature to the first and fills a larger need than the first one. I may develope a few more since they drive so much traffic to my site.

The plan is and has always been to develope a successful website and promote it and host it here until I exceed the limitation of my account. Once I max out my Xisto account, I'll move to paid hosting. As long as everything goes to plan, :D, if I have maxed out this account, I should be able to generate enough traffic to pay for my hosting cost through advertising. :)

Anyone interested in PHP may join my website either for help or to share knowledge.

Other than that, I just sit back, maintain the forum, make a few posts and enjoy my fantastic hosting account!

vujsa

Well well, only to say that i just register to HANDYPHP.COM and i see that you have good php resources, i hope that in the future i can contribute with your site.

Best regards,