xisto Community
talktime

Ie7 And Ie 6

Whats is the difference between IE 7 and IE 6I saw the tabs in ie 7 which are diferent. Some icons are different. I dont know what is advantage of ie7.Can some one explain? Thanks

Notice from pyost:
This is obviously not a tutorial. Be careful where you are posting new topics.

IE7 is a new browser that is not just an update to IE6 but completely rebuilt. It offers more features such as tabbed browsing, and antifishing technology. If you use IE constantly then i rec you upgrade and install CallingID, it will keep you safe. I am sorry for my poor grammer, i really don't have time. Go to microsoft new webpage or cnet and find out more.This topic should be moved somewhere else. Its a question not a tutorial. See ya

Edited by Levis (see edit history)

Indeed it is and evidentaly whether you see visible changes or not, more often than not there is always core updates that you won't really see but they'll certainly help none the less (could be minor bug fixes, smaller memory footprint, better error handling etc).Obviously security would be tightened in this release, aswell as the addition of some features seen in other browsers these days such as tabbed browsing which is in Opera and FireFox too.

It beat Opera..on what stands are you saying this..Opera is the most secure browser out there.Even Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers will reach any where near it.

IE7 is a huge improvement from the old Internet Explorer 6, they have leatnt to code well.The user interface was polished , phishing detection capabilities were implemented.It is more CSS compliant(not 100% Opera is).

My fav is Ie 7 it beats oprea and all the other browers i have used and i find its easy to config.... its easier with tabs and so on ..

The current IE7 version really needs further development and it needs to get much faster to be better and a lot of minor things doesn't work and where the hell is the refresh button? :) in the popup menu! I told quite a lot about IE7 and other browsers on this forum, so I don't like to repeat myself. :D

Personally i don't like IE7. but thats just what i think! i don't use it normally (i use Firefox) except for when I'm making web pages, then i use it to test out my sites!the new interface is good, but terribly hard to get used to! as Quatrux said wheres the refresh button?!? the new features are handy but can also be a pain at the same time! it might take a while to get used to, but everything does!-jimmy

I agree about the interface, I'm not sure why but it takes me longer then it should to adjust to it. Personally I'm fine with firefox so haven't given IE7 alot of time, admittedly, but on campus the computers are mostly switched to IE7 so I get a decent amount of time using it and frankly it just feels to me like they tried to add the features people love about firefox on top of the old IE body. This isn't to imply that's a bad thing since firefox obviously does a lot of things right, I just wish IE7 felt fresher with more unique features in its arsenal, rather then an update that feels like it should have already been the standard for a couple years.

IE7 looks newer and nicer than IE 6, thats the best part.well internet explorer 7 supports transparent png's where internet explorer 6 makes them look disgusting.i actually dont like internet explorer at all, i suggest firefox and opera, theyre both nice.

IE7 supposedly is the new age browser, that somehow mimicks firefox and tries to be what firefox is. They try to implement the use of tabs, and the way people browse when using firefox, but in my opinion fails. I was a IE user for years until they went and implemented the new user interface. My friend introduced me to firefox, and the performance of it and its user friendly browsing interface converted me. IE lost it when, they made the new UI, its completely confusing on finding what you are trying to look for, because its tried to change so much. With firefox, it kept with a traditional feel, but not only that give the user to add plug-ins to increase the features of the browser itself, for example, firebug. This is a tool that is and should be used by web developers everywhere as it gives you a package of viewing options from css, javascripts, tables, on fly website editing. Its what I believe is the best tool created for a web developer. IE has yet to move up to their standard, and it seems I think IE took a step back when they included that click to activate flash object option, which for all my sites use a javascript hack to bypass that annoying feature. From what I heard it was done because of legal disputes of stealing code from netscape. If anything I believe they need to revert to IE6 and come up with new and innovative technologies with it than trying to copy firefox, which I believe they are doing, but failing. Already so many are converted to using firefox, according to a poll that I came accross a while back. So in conclusion if you are not using firefox, you should start, it is definitely a improvement over what IE7 has to offer their users.