xisto Community
96than

Copy Databases In phpMyAdmin

i have just got hosting here on Xisto and i have to copy my databases from my old server...is there an easy way of doing this? in phpmyadmin?thanx in advance you know lol :)

i have just got hosting here on Xisto and i have to copy my databases from my old server...is there an easy way of doing this? in phpmyadmin?
thanx in advance you know lol :)

Yes, you can do this with phpmyadmin, you can do it with the import option if you first export your database as a sql file, take care with your databases charsets and versions, you can found some trouble with it.

Best regards,

Phpadmin would work, yes.Export the database structure and content from the source and then Import it into the Target at the new location. You might also consider that the structure and data could be Exported / Imported seperately. That would let you define the databases first before adding the data.I might suggest you do a test run, set up the database and site at the new location before you actually delete anything at the original location. :) *stuff happens* :DIf you need any further direction, post back here and somone will assist you.

I had a quick look at the phpMyAdmin integrated in the cPanel. You can dump an entire database in phpMyAdmin, which you can export as SQL data. This data can be directed copied and pasted into the SQL query section of phpMyAdmin on the server you want to transfer the database to. The SQL data generated can be used to create the database on the other side. Note that you will have to change the database and server connection details in your server-side dynamic pages.

It's pretty easy to do so if you have phpMyAdmin, and if you're hosted at Xisto, its cPanel comes with phpMyAdmin. Just click the 'export' tab and you'll be given a bunch of options of how to export it. If your database is large, you should probably compress it, but otherwise, just simple SQL text should be good. Then you can save the SQL in a file like queries.sql. There are also a bunch of options, including ones that will allow you to only import the structure of the table, or drop the table if it already exists etc. Create a new database, click on it, and click 'import' in phpMyAdmin, upload the SQL file as directed, and you should be able to import all the queries into the new database.