xisto Community
tezza

Most Realistic Racing Game

What do you feel is the most realistic driving game? In my opinion Gran Turismo 4 is the best

By "realistic" you mean what kind of reality?
Graphics-wise, gameplay-wise, physics-wise, sound-wise, or overall?
Be a little more specific when creating topics.

Grand turismo would be realistic in physics aspect and design, game play hard to tell tried Gt with the GT wheel I had no control whatsoever with it. blew $150 for nothing :).

In my opinion its Forza Motorsport. I havn't played the new one but the old one was awesome! It is so realistic and there are so many things to do to the cars they play such an important part of the cars control!Well thats my opinion anyway! :P

Grand Turismo 4, probably. The physics and realism behind it as actually impressive coming from a sony game *snigger*. Handling, traction, ect. are very realistic. I'd say I probably improved my own driving skills from playing it!

:) Well hey all I am new to the Fourms here thats about all im new to. I have been racing the Sierra Nascar 2003 Season the last 3-4 Years raced the 2002 before that and before that the nascar 99 It is a great game that has some great things about it like almost 10 mods so it is not just goin in a circle there is a gtp mod that is like gtr 3-4 that are like vipers cobras corvettes 3-4 different truck mods an open wheel also. It i still going good on multiplayer still racin some league races. The things best ab out it is that unlike the ea sports nascar is that they did not make it diffucult to paint your own cars hauler trucks there are so many tracks to race on some really great road courses I even have my home town track to race on Portland I have raced just about all the driving sims that have come out but I always keep racin the Nascar one well I guess thats all for me keep the pedel down and tearin up the track most of all have fun. (kinda funny as i am writing this there is a add for EA Nascar 07 right there on the page he he) :)

Grand Turismo 4, probably. The physics and realism behind it as actually impressive coming from a sony game *snigger*. Handling, traction, ect. are very realistic. I'd say I probably improved my own driving skills from playing it!

:) Well hey all I am new to the Fourms here thats about all im new to. I have been racing the Sierra Nascar 2003 Season the last 3-4 Years raced the 2002 before that and before that the nascar 99 It is a great game that has some great things about it like almost 10 mods so it is not just goin in a circle there is a gtp mod that is like gtr 3-4 that are like vipers cobras corvettes 3-4 different truck mods an open wheel also. It i still going good on multiplayer still racin some league races. The things best ab out it is that unlike the ea sports nascar is that they did not make it diffucult to paint your own cars hauler trucks there are so many tracks to race on some really great road courses I even have my home town track to race on Portland I have raced just about all the driving sims that have come out but I always keep racin the Nascar one well I guess thats all for me keep the pedel down and tearin up the track most of all have fun. (kinda funny as i am writing this there is a add for EA Nascar 07 right there on the page he he) :)

aren't the nascar series arcade racers?

aren't the nascar series arcade racers?

They were in the early games more arcade than simulation but in the Nascar 2003 Season Game pretty much eliminated the arcade side of the game. The whole physics of the game changed and became more realistic more simulation racing and nobody races the arcade side of the game anymore. Then with all the mods added such as cts (Trucks) owr (open wheel racing) ad67, aero88 (late models) iroc hooters then comes the pta tptcc tptcc2 (vipers mustangs corvettes etc) and then gtp which is like gtr with day and night racing. With a great selection of mods I have raced with drivers all over the world the europeans like the gtp and tptcc mod run them without any aids and they are very good at it. As old as the game is you can still find a couple hundred drivers racing online most of the time and there are still alot of websites going for all the great extras that you can do with the game. Building tracks. we all paint our own cars there are alot of base skins around you can check out some at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ that was one of my first sites the last couple I had to let go. Didn't have internet for a while. Got it all up and going now. I like building and keeping them up. So I hope that answers all your questions.

Just for all's fyi EA Sports bought out the Nascar gamin rights from Sierra which gave them a monopoly on the nascar sim racing games and they dont have a paint program in game and all the other extra's that we get to play with. So there will not be another Sierra Nascar Racing Season to come which is to bad thier game is just not as good as the Game I Race. Nor does it have the mods to boot!

That is just a dihard racers opinion!!

I got to try out the new Forza Motorsport this weekend! I think its brilliant, the graphics are amazing. The physics are all there, I cant imagine it getting more realistic without getting in a car! And there are just so many cars to choose from!I cant wait to get my own copy!

;) Yes I know your point on a stearing wheel I am on my 6 momo in about oh 2.5 years but they do have a gas pedal flaw. I have been playing a little with need for speed Carbon and Most Wanted they are more a cut loose and get crazy game for me have not raced the Gran Turismo so not sure how that game is I have ran the GTR and it is a great racing game. For me in order for the game to feel realistic need to be able to change the car settings around as such in nascar and be able to configure the wheel most of the other games seems the wheel configureation is a bit lacking oh well gott a go have a good on all! ;)

;) Well i have all the need for speeds and just don't find that the compitition or game experiance is as good as the nascar 2003 I do realize that this is a personal appeal I guess there is something about getting in a 16 lap Texas race to a 500 mile Datona race that could be 20 min to 3-4 hours and having a feild of up to 42 other drivers to race against seems to make it more apealing to me. As far as the physics of the game they are some of the best as far as a more to real fealing than a game. I would like to say thank's to those who are commenting and posting on the subject I have enjoyed this Subject alot. I am currently testing a game called TM Sunrize and TM Nations I will post something on it soon k

how can you compare need for speed to driving simulation games? All those need for speed games are arcades.In my opinion the best race sim, as far as the most fun for me, is Richard Burns Rally. Also there are formula one sims where you can set 1-2 hour races and pray to get to the finish.

I think the Gran Turismo franchise is as close to realism of racing as you can possibly go. Its offers features that other games do not have. But not only that but its wide selection of cars and modifcation parts for the car holds true to what you would purchase and upgrade in real life. They literally took the real life racing scene theme and enviroment and made it into a game. Those that never knew much about the racing scene or what it took to make a car go fast plays that game to understand what its all about. Other games like fortz motorsport, need for speed, and other games try to offer some realism into their game and copy what the gran turismo franchise offers but it will never reach their level of technology efforts and experience and commitment that it takes to making their games. They have successfully recorded sounds from each of their playable cars with sounds from actualy cars. They have measured the physics of the car to make it operate similar inside the game. Gran Turismo is a franchise that is well established and have undergone many improvements from each proceeding sequels that comes in line.I mean during the time of playstation they have perfected realism graphics of the cars available in the first game. They tried to imrpove the game graphically each time in the other titles but I notice little improvement because the games cars already looks real every since the first title. And all they just add are reflections and other detailed features to the car. I believe they had reached a point in which they considered they had reached the limits to how releastic they can already imrpove the graphics on the car and took their improvement concentration on to the enviroment of the game which they concentrated on sun glare, smoke, dirt, and reflection of the windows on buildings and I believe even the crowd itself. In conclusion I dont see and havent seen any other racing game that has impressed me like Gran turismo has. Although other titles offers interesting gameplay that GT dont have, GT still remains the best title to date with its realistic feel, and anyone that have not tried a gran turismo game should eventually pick one up.