xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Command & Conquer 3!

Been keeping my eye on this one also..big fan of the series..played just about all of them...thought generals was a bit of a let down but if you know anything about the stuff that went down at westwood and EA then I guess it was always going to suck ;( zero hour made the game a little better but not much..hope they re wrote this one from the ground up.
Its always easy to make a game look great when you only show the movies or make a movie esp for the game thats not usign the game engine but some real fancy dancy 3d engine for movies..

Ive got a better demo here from youtube..its shows the gameplay not just the movie effects..

Gameplay Demo

Now thats what I am talking bout! looks great..will need 128mb ram and above on gphx card tho ;(
Not good for my sones pc ;(

Been keeping my eye on this one also..big fan of the series..played just about all of them...thought generals was a bit of a let down but if you know anything about the stuff that went down at westwood and EA then I guess it was always going to suck ;( zero hour made the game a little better but not much..hope they re wrote this one from the ground up.Its always easy to make a game look great when you only show the movies or make a movie esp for the game thats not usign the game engine but some real fancy dancy 3d engine for movies..
Ive got a better demo here from youtube..its shows the gameplay not just the movie effects..

Gameplay Demo

Now thats what I am talking bout! looks great..will need 128mb ram and above on gphx card tho ;(
Not good for my sones pc ;(

I've always been a huge fan of C&C series, mainly C&C: Red Alert one.
Some like C&C: Tiberian Sun were very weird to me, but still cool, RTS games.
Red Alert 2 came and I liked it a lot but I think they could push up better graphics at the time, mainly for the models and the rendering engine.
I just this version keep the main aspects of the gameplay, that was the thing I was more attracted to, together with the WIDE variety of vehicles, technologies, builds and special abilities.

Too bad I won't be able to play it here as well, since I still own a very old NVidia GeForce 2 card... 64Mb, but a pathetic performance for nowadays' games...

Here is some more information about it:

The vast orange fireball blooming in the night sky is the signal for the second phase of the attack. Large NOD armies flood into GDI strongholds, taking advantage of the chaos created by the decapitation of GDI's command and control networks.

Battles rage across the world. Things are looking very grim for GDI. That's where you come in as a GDI commander who must rally the demoralized and scattered GDI forces, mount a counterattack against NOD, and ultimately drive them out of GDI territory.

As for how the story will be told: We will have FMV cut scenes (with live action), but we're also weaving story into everything we do in the single player campaign - from mission briefings to objectives to database entries you uncover in the world to radio conversations you overhear on the battlefield. We want to immerse you in the game world like never before.

In addition to the cool new single player campaigns, we are updating C&C gameplay so that it feels fresh - adding mechanics that are standard to cutting edge RTS games and creating some new features and innovations to drive the genre forward. Some examples of the new features include mobile bases, units that gain capabilities based on how close they are to the center of an Ion Storm (which can be summoned and controlled by one of the three game factions), and units that can work together to grant the player new battlefield capabilities.

It's also worth mentioning the return of the side-bar interface: Our in-game UI for C&C3 is a side-bar that will feel familiar to C&C players but it has some added features that make it more useful - and make it feel interesting and new. We are combining the centralized production queues in the classic C&C side-bar with contextual space for selected units and structures. The new UI lets you quickly build units and structures, easily control grouped units, and access your build queues anywhere on the map - even in the middle of a battle. But you can still get lots of information about your selected units and activate their special abilities - which is pretty much expected in the latest generation RTS games. We think our interface for C&C3 is the best of both worlds.

To check out more: website

The game looks good from what I can tell. I've played red alert, red alert 2, tiberian sun, and generals. I loved red alert 2. Had some good games in there. I love strategy games but I'm sticking to FPS for the most part. I still haven't played AOE 3 so I don't know really what's changed in the strategy world.All in all I like the command and conquer series. I might give this one a try. I remember going out and buying tiberian sun and was very disappointed.

yeah like me ..i was a bit dissapointed with Tib Sun when I bought that ;((I think I might "Try before I buy" the C+C3 release..I am a bit more into FPS and sport games atm..I play AOE with my son-we love the TITANS module..great fun to see these beasts stopming all over the battlefield!Also Im quite addicted to FIFA 07 atm..I went out and bought a Logitec rumplepad 2 so that I can play it in its full glory..man im impressed with the rumblepad!! been playing a lot of MotoGp3 with it too!Nothing can get me away from fifa07 atm..I have won the English Premier Division and all the cups on the semi pro level..then the next season i move it up a level and win the same cups and league and the Champions League :) All with the best team around - ASTON VILLA :D my lifelong team!

The graphics are gorgeous! I am quite eager to try it out. I very much enjoyed the Command & Conquer franchise, including the Red Alert series. At some point though, Westwood started slowing down in producing cutting-edge quality games. The competitors like Blizzard were making great inroads and leading the market with Starcraft and Warcraft. Dune 2000 was a disappointment. And then, there was Age of Empires which knocked my socks off when I first played it.Tiberium Sun was not bad. It attempted to push consumer computer technology, at that time, to its limits. On the other hand, I think the attention to gameplay was lost in the company's focus on technology. Although I am eager to see CC3, I am hesitant to buy it until I read the reviews (I stayed away from Generals and have not regretted the decision). Based on Westwood's trend of high-resolution and more serious games (Red Alert was more cartoony), the games were surprisingly not as addictive. Well, here is hoping for the best.

AMAZING! The very first game I played was C&C: Red Alert and continued to play through the series all the way to Generals and Zero Hour.The potential of graphics today really puch the limit on RTS games- they actually look like the real thing.This looks even better than Company of Heroes, which I was extremely impressed with.Definate buy for sure if the game play looks as vivid as it's portrayed.

Edited by Kardus (see edit history)

I'm filled with anticipation for the game. I can't wait. I've played the demo and loved it. I'm a bit disappointed that you can't build walls anymore, but I love the upgrade they made to the ion cannon, so it all works out.I'm all over the tiberium series. I didn't like red alert too much. It was OK, but I'm glad that EA has finally returned to the series that sparked the genre.Welcome back, Commander!