xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gapaq

Bittorrent 5.0 So slow

Hi everyone!I've just updated the Bittorrent client to the 5.0 version. But, now it's very very slower than the previous version (7Kb/s vs 60 Kb/s)..What's happened?? How can I improve its speed??Help...

One major thing you need to check is the port that your BitTorrent client is using. Did you go into the BitTorrent program and see if the ports are properly forwarded? Go into your router settings and look at your BitTorrent port (you probably should have created this yourself earlier already when using the older version). Make sure the port there matches what you have on the BitTorrent client software. Otherwise, change either the client software or the router settings to match the port.

well... bit torrent is not one of the fastest torrent clients on the net, even tough it is one of the most popular onesi whould suggest that you use utorrent.... it is the fastest torrent client available and possibly the best overall...it is simple to use, a well designed but simple interface, and detailed info about the torrent you are downloading...you can find it at http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/ and i whould suggest you use it...i am currently testing all (not all, but the most popular ones) torrent clients and i am putting together an article about these...smyyke