xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alegis

More Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess News

Finally the news and trailers start pouring in, and I'm mighty excited. If I'm not getting a Wii, i'm getting the game on Gamecube. Eitherway, I am going to play this action adventure game that is looking sweet. I absolutely loved The Wind Waker and this one aspires to be much greater. Posted Image

Now many whined that WW wasn't that good as compared to the old ones, but I couldn't really finish those. WW introduced dungeon portals, which was the reason why I didn't finish Majora's Mask. People shouldn't compare these anymore to their young experiences back then with Ocarina of Time. Live in the present peeps, WW can hardly be called bad.

Today's 1up Show featured Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen from Nintendo of America's game localization department, who revealed some new details on Zelda: Twilight Princess, mostly regarding its length.

Those wondering about the number of dungeons should be happy to hear that TP is full of them. There are nine main dungeons - so, as many as Ocarina of Time (including Ganon's Castle) - as well as lots of smaller areas that could be considered mini-dungeons. The guys also noted that there's tons of stuff to do in between dungeons, so it's not just this repetitive, "Go to this dungeon; alright, now go to the next dungeon, etc." They're spaced pretty far apart time-wise.

Talking about Hyrule Field, Trinen said that TP's main field, not including all the side areas, is at least five times as big as Ocarina of Time's. He also mentioned that the horse battle area in the E3 2005 demo is actually as large as OoT's whole Hyrule Field.

Trinen went on to say that Nintendo of Japan's testing team's first playthrough of the game clocked in at 70 hours. And, he added, that was without getting 100% of the collectibles and such. The main collectibles in Twilight Princess are golden bugs that can be found all throughout the game. Trinen mentioned that they come in pairs, so if you find, say, a male ladybug in a tree, the female one's gonna be around there somewhere. Trinen also noted that most of the collectible items in Twilight Princess will actually prove useful at some point in the game.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released the same day the Wii launches, on November 19.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Legend of Zelda: twilight princess looks reall nice, but I would have thought the WII could have improved the graphics even more. The textures for the floor and such seems a little flat compared to other next gen games that have evolved the enviroment. I guess maybe in the next installment they will use WIIs capabilites to the fullest instead of just moving a gamecube creation to the next system to carry its launch.Hopefully Legend of Zelda will live up to its successes, because I remember every Zelda game I played was very interesting and kept me playing for hours and hours, just wanting to know what is going to happen next.

My boyfriend just got this game for the Gamecube and he said compared to....the Wind waker? (Is that the cartoony one? Pfft. I don't know much about Zelda.) Anyways he says compared to that one it feels rather hollow. I've watched him play them both and just as an observer, I've got to say the cartoony one looked like it was a lot more fun and exciting than this newer one. The colors in the new one, even though it's a more realistic looking game, are mostly brown and seem really faded. He doesn't seem to be having as much fun playing this new one as he did the last. While Link has some neat outfits, the whole game looks rather bland. As you can see I probably shouldn't even be giving my opinion, as it's really not mine and more of my boyfriend's than anything. I haven't played either Zelda game, but I have been an observer in both. Doesn't matter much though I guess. Does anyone who has played the games have any opinion?

Well the first Zelda for Nintendo rocks! Back then it was the best game around. The 2nd one was good but not as good, 3rd for game cube was ok but still not as good. And the 4th for wii I don’t no never played it yet. I heard that is obit hard to control, but on the add it looks ok. I think I will be getting one for Xmas. So soon I will no if it is good or not. It should be, you hold you own sword so you can make it personal to your enemies which is cool, it will make you feel like you are in the game.

The things I love about the Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess?The basic quest items... so originalLink first acquires a wooden sword, but later upgrades to the Ordon Sword (a regular metal sword) and then the Master Sword. In the Palace of Twilight, the Master Sword is further upgraded. Link obtains a wooden shield early (Ordon Shield). This can catch fire (similar to the Deku Shield in Ocarina of Time). If the shield does catch fire and burns up, it can be replaced with another Wooden Shield, or the metal Hylian Shield. However, the Hylian Sheild does not catch fire.The Slingshot also returns from previous installments of the series. Link obtains this item early on in the game before entering any dungeons. Though Link keeps the slingshot, it is essentially replaced later in the game by the Bow, which has similar controls and is more powerful. A Lantern is also in the game, and is used for lighting dark areas, burning spiderweb obstacles, and for lighting torches to trigger "hidden" events. The game features many classic Zelda armaments, some with new twists, such as the Gale Boomerang which can create a small whirlwind capable of picking up items. The Iron Boots also return, which can now be used in conjunction with magnetic surfaces to attach Link to the ceiling. Link has three types of bombs available: Standard Bombs, Water Bombs (bombs that can be used under water), and Bomblings (bombs with legs). Link can combine items such as the bombs and arrows to create bomb arrows, among other items. Twilight Princess also introduces a new version of the Hookshot called the Clawshot. This item functions similarly to the Hookshot, except that Link can hang from the claw, and when hanging from a ceiling he can extend or retract the chain to move up or down. This is later upgraded to two Clawshots enabling movement without touching the ground in certain areas by firing one whilst remaining aloft with the other. The Dominion Rod is used to bring some statues to life. The Spinner (a new item) is a large top-like object which Link uses to move over quicksand and attack enemies. It is also used to ride along tracks in the Arbiter's Grounds and other locations. Another new item is the Ball and Chain, a heavy ball at the end of a chain which is used swinging to hit enemies and break through weak walls and blocks of ice. The Hawkeye is a new addition in the series, which is purchased at the Malo Mart after the archery test in Kakariko is completed. It acts like the telescope from Wind Waker, but is a mask of a hawk head. It can be combined with the bow, which acts like a sniper rifle. Finally Ooccoo is a character present in most dungeons. When discovered, she behaves as a warp item, much like Farore's Wind in Ocarina of Time. She will let Link set a warp point inside a dungeon, and return to it later on.Simply fantastic!

I loved the cell-shaded look of Wind Waker. The game looked gorgeous, albeit a bit easy I loved it.Twilight Princess' dungeons were more challenging now. The boss fights were neat, but easy (that is my main gripe with the game). Otherwise it was an artistic beauty and great sword fights and mini-games. I've been playing the snowboard mini-game for quite a while after I finished the game. While it is of course not as revolutionary as Ocarina of Time it makes up in great combat.

Edited by Alegis (see edit history)