xisto Community
tezza

How Many Computers Do You Have?

Ajpresto, for the computer that you use for a file server, I suggest you could use it as a web server. If you do, you could extend your Xisto account to do even more than it already does for you! Perhaps you should install Unix or Linux on that computer.

I have 3 PC's and 1 laptopCeleron 900MHz480MB-SDRAMGeForce2 MX-220 32MB60GB Maxtor IDECeleron 900MHz192MB-SDRAMAladin TNT2 Onboard40GB Maxtor IDEPentium 4 3.40GHz HT 2MB Cache4GB 667MHz-DDR2Biostar 9600GT 1GB-DDR380GB Hitachi SATA IIThat was the PC's, and now the laptop ;)AMILO Notebook Li 3710Pentium 2.10GHz Dual Core4GB-DDR2Intel GMA4500M500GBFrom the first two i'm thinking to make one server and the other one to sell... the P4 is for my gaming plesures, and the laptop is for my brother ;)

I have one desktop computer and one laptop. I donât like desktop computer, because it is always very slow.

Why do you say that?Most of desktop computers are usually faster than most of laptops.
Of course an old desktop is slower than a modern laptop, but usually laptops are faster.

A lot actually, but I don't use all of them.1 computer which I built for developping my master thesis (needs CUDA)
1 computer which I use as multi-purpose server (Debian server, http, mysql, multimedia, backup, ... a Pentium III 733)
1 laptop which I use the most (Dell Inspirion 6400)
1 laptop as SVN server (available from the internet, a crappy Pentium MMX 266 w/ 64Mb RAM)
1 laptop which I can use as RDS server for VirtualBox (also a Pentium MMX 266)
0,5 computer which I'll use if I find a case and PSU for it :lol:

I also have a lot of old hardware in the attic which is enough for building at least 2 DX4 pc's and onother PIII pc.

My mother also has a pc, my sister had a pc and a laptop and my father has 2 pc's, a Mac and a netbook.
And there are 3 pc's in my fathers room that need to be repaired.
So grand total is 15 pc's =p

One and a half year later ;)
The computer for my master thesis now has become my game pc :lol:
The multi purpose server is still up and running
A have a new computer, an Athlon XP 1800 with openSuse on it, I switch between this and my game pc from time to time
My Dell laptop is catching a lot of dust lately
The SVN server laptop is down, it's still were I left is but I don't need it anymore
The RDS server laptop is also were I left it
The 0,5 computer is also were I left it, just like all the other junk

My mother her pc is the same, my father now has a Macbook besides it's two pcs, mac and netbook. The old pcs to be repaired are repaired and my sister left the house.
But, I got a laptop from work which is catching a lot of dust lately (I have a desktop at work which is like ... 100x faster).
So the grand total is:

@Yordan: his desktop is probably just older than his laptop, I mean, my Pentium III and Ahtlon XP1800 desktops are a lot slower than the i5 laptop I got from work (maybe even with the full disk encryption)

Before I bought my own computer, I used some old junks in offices. By the way, they were not junks at that time.Then, I started my own at home:I have 4 computers--one old desktop-- this is the one that I started to learn how to use Windows98;one old laptop-- this is the one that made me a lot of money. I brought it to training courses(I'm a Chinese language instructor), students were surprised-- there were very few laptop in action at that time. They also felt very happy to have digital assignments. These 2 junks followed me for many years. When I bought new one, they actually still in good condition. one new desktop-- I bought it just because Microsoft keeps updating Windows, OS become bigger and bigger, lots of junks full filled all the old computer's space. As much as I was not willing to throw away old one, I bought a new one, just for MS.one new laptop-- Actually, I was thinking to buy a ipod or something, but when I arrived the shop, I felt I'm too old to twick my fingers on the small thing. I still prefer to sit comfirtably at home and use pc or laptop in relaxing mood. Now, all the 4 are working together, because I have 12 screens setting up around them-- I still need more screens because I trade Forex, need to monitor many charts. But I won't buy new screens, I just wait patiently, soon or later, family members will throw away their old PC, then, I will pick up the monitors.

an old P4 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM and a Geforce 7300GS Video Card 640GB HDD all in an Acrylic Clear Box running Windows XPand also for mobility a Netbook MSI U100 with 120GB 2GB RAM running Mint 11

I just though about and it seems that I only have one computer of my own at home, which is a laptop and it seems to be enough for me, also my wife have a laptop too. I gave away my desktop to a friend, the older desktops where given away for recycling.So that makes two computers at my home, one old computer Amiga 1200 is still in the dark room, packed for future fun? :DAlso at work I have my own Desktop which isn't really mine, but I am using it as it would be mine.

Upgraded -Core2Duo 8400 3.0GHz4GB DDR2 1066 (2Gx2)740GB HDDGeforce 9600GT SilentASUS P5KCAcrylic Clear Case460W Ion II PSUWindows XP Pro (Old but steady and going hard)