xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Burning Dvd's

I'm not talking about using DVD Shrink to extract DVD movies into your PC (and then back into a burned DVD), but different movie formats such as avi, rm, or mpeg into a DVD, to be watched on your TV. I've recently gotten into One Piece, which is available fansubbed online, and since there will probably never be an uncut DVD available in NA, I'd like to watch the episodes on my TV. The last program I used to try this was Sony DVD Architect. It did the job for the most part, but it was a complicated program to use, so I'm wondering if there's a better program out there. The only feature I want to have is to be able to select which episodes I'd want to view.

You didn't mention whether you want freeware or paidware, but the program i use for this exact purpose is NeroVision.Basically any format can be converted into a dvd, and menus, chapters, etc can all be created as well with a few clicks. If you happen to find a particular format, say some obscure avi codec that nero won't read, there are tons of freeware utils out there that can convert from whatever to a regular avi or mpg file, which you can then burn with Nero. If i want a professional result, I'll use Adobe's Encore DVD, but that's quite a jump in the learning curve, and not necessary for personal use.