xisto Community
equinox1405241531

Help Needed To Mke Phpbb Sub-forum

i have also had this problem with the sub categories, if anyone knows ow to make them that would be good!also, can someone please explain the cash mod idea! i have read some stuff on it but it still makes no sense! thanks-jimmy

There are a few MODs out there, that allow you to have sub-forums, although they might not work with your current forum, if it is heavily moded. I recommend you wait for phpBB 3 Olympus which natively supports sub-forums to come out of Beta.

Incase you still want to try out the Sub Forum MODs, here you go:-

Sub Forums MOD (Under Development)

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=42505

Category Hierarchy MOD (Released)

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=87278

Beware, these MODs might cause your forum to become inconsistent, I know mine does. Make sure to create backups, before trying these out online.

I'd suggest that you can shift to SMF, it provides unlimited sub-forums.Or wait till the phpBB 3 is released.I've used subforums MOD in phpBB , but they usually get into conflict with other MODs. So it is a risk process.Or get Fully Modded phpBB, it has all the essential MODs that you'd ever require for phpBB prebuilt in them.

I'd use PHPBB3. They have a great sub-forum system. It's all based off forums now, no categories. You can create a forum, and it can either be a category, link, or forum, and you can give it a parent, which is how you use sub-forums