xisto Community
Fat Lotus

Flashmyadmin - Flash Based Sql A Flash GUI for SQL

A simple Google search gave me this link, but next time please attach a URL to such a post.

Anyways. The product is sub-par right now. The English translation is really not satisfactory! Apart from that, the interface is very uncomfortable, with windows and panes jumping all around when you move the mouse. I think that loading all the data from the DB on-load is quite a disruptive thing to do, because then you would have to refresh and reload the program to look at any changes made to the data.

Sorry for the negativeness, but I really don't see the advantages of this over a local installation of phpMyAdmin. Are you the author of said program?

I agree with seec77, i just test it and this ¿¿¿software??? do not offer any advantage over a local installation of phpMyAdmin.Best regards,

Ummm... Can someone explain me why we would want Flash-based GUI for database management? Like what's the point, what it does better than html-based one, like PhpMyAdmin. Except look better perhaps, but at least in my list looks is in quite low priority for database GUIs...

I might understand the need for AJAX-based DBMS because it's just nicer than having to load the page every time you want to look at something different, which can just take more time, and it's nicer to the eye, to me at least. Flash GUIs are just over-doing it. I'm sticking to phpMyAdmin! It's not like I use it that much that I'm going to start complaining about how it loads data or whatever. It does everything just right, and does not disrupt your work like Flashmyadmin.

FlashMyAdmin is going a little too far. Flash is not that common (in servers) and only user interface is going to be better.phpMyAdmin is an HTML based interpretation software therefore it is compatible with ALL browsers. This means that it is accessible wherever you log in and more people can use it. Also, lots of people are used to phpMyAdmin now.

i can see the possibilities behind itFlashmyadmin - Flash Based SqlI can see the benefit behind it if and only if the Ui is does require a php backend locally. One potential use of a flash ui is that it can be converted into a desktop console and used like a stand alone program that can be carried on a usb stick and used to manage your server from any machine with a internet connection.-reply by cinestar