xisto Community
Fat Lotus

Domainlagoon.com - Free Domain Registration! Have you ever wanted a yourname.com domain?

At first, I was very sceptical. A free registrar? It looked like a scam.I was bored, so I tried it anyway. After "20 minutes" (more like a couple hours) I had my own free domain! Seriously!Living Proof is at:fatlotus.com

At first, I was very sceptical. A free registrar? It looked like a scam.
I was bored, so I tried it anyway. After "20 minutes" (more like a couple hours) I had my own free domain! Seriously!

Living Proof is at:

fatlotus.com

not a nice proof, this URL seems not to exist. Or is your site down ?
-----------------
Sorry, the site is up now, seems that the web hosting service was unreachable. Now it works, you just have to put a index.html file.
Edited by yordan (see edit history)

The proper URL is "Domainlagoon.com" I signed up and went through all the work, who knows if ill get it. Personally i could afford to buy a domain but why spend money if you can get somethin free. If you do try it, us a fake e-mail address. I used yahoo address guard feature. Also make sure you give the surveys fake information, otherwise you'll be spammed for life.Chow

Yea, um I signed up for the domain but when I got to the offers page, It threw me off and I thought to myself, this is a scam. I mean fatlotus.com is proof--yes--that the domain lagoon service does not work. Since his domain doesn't work means that all the effor he signed up in completing the surveys were a waste of time. Just pointing out the obvious to those who don't find out as fast as others.

Yea, um I signed up for the domain but when I got to the offers page, It threw me off and I thought to myself, this is a scam. I mean fatlotus.com is proof--yes--that the domain lagoon service does not work. Since his domain doesn't work means that all the effor he signed up in completing the surveys were a waste of time. Just pointing out the obvious to those who don't find out as fast as others.

Well like check this out, https://www.whois.net/default.aspx, it seems to exist. Umm, maybe the nameservers didn't propegate. Also check our their forum. I don't think its a scam. Well, unless they are losers and are creating seperate accounts. Anyways just make sure that u give them as much balony as possible

Hey guys,Well it works, i recieved my free domain in less then 24 hours and i spent about 25 minutes to earn it. They make money from my BS informaion and i get a free domain. I now need to setup it up so that it works with the atahost FREE service. If you really want a domain then go to domainlagoon. You can even get a second one free. Also, after one year you can either pay them or you can go through the offers again and renew them for free. If you don't believe me, you can go to google, type is whois, then type in bakalinsky.org. You will see that it is registered to me.

Heh...his domain seems to work fine for me--it just says that he doesn't have an index page uploaded. So that doesn't have anything to do with the domain, and the downtime probably was just related to his host site. I'll give it a try, though I already have my own domain, I wouldn't mind having another one. :)EDIT: But apparently in Firefox under the drop-down menu to choose a domain level (aka .com, .net, .org etc) it doesn't work and displays a move cursor. So I had to switch to IE tab. :D

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Well, it is nice that such a service exist and that you can get a free top level domain, but reading I found this:

(USA ONLY)--
Question: I am not in the USA can I register a free domain?
Answer: Unfortunately at this time our sponsors only accept USA based residents. If you have a friend in the USA they can sign-up for you.

note; by reading their site I found quite some spelling mistakes :)

so does that mean that they offer free domain only if you're from United States? Because I am not from USA and would it be possible to get a free domain if I live outside America? :D Well, I am using hostbidder.com and I got two free domain names for free only bu posting, even though their rules are more strict, you can't get a domain in one day, due to the max posts a day can be 10, well it was like that when I was active there, but the main thing it accepts all the countries in the world. :D

so does that mean that they offer free domain only if you're from United States? Because I am not from USA and would it be possible to get a free domain if I live outside America?

Brother How wll they know where are u from! Just use Proxies with USA IP there are million of it !! and there is now problem i think :)

Dude, forget the whole proxy thing, though it might be safe. Just type that you live in a certain city and address in the United States. Do some google searching. I live in the U.S. so i don't have a problem, but it wont matter. Just find some place in Loa Angeles

At first, I was very sceptical. A free registrar? It looked like a scam.

I was bored, so I tried it anyway. After "20 minutes" (more like a couple hours) I had my own free domain! Seriously!

Living Proof is at:

fatlotus.com

Well I seen your site, and it was poorly designed, maybe this is the reason site don't just give people their own http://ww2.yourname.com/ cause they make them look very bad. You should of took some time in it and acually make it a web site other then a crap site. im serious it was terrible

Mmm, these things tend to be untrustworthy, I got my email spammed by making the folly of signing up to one with my real email address. Still, if I do it with a fake email, what's their to lose, except a little time. I'll sign up and try and get a domain and if I do get it, I'll post here.