xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
talktime

Embedded Railway On Track Picture Embedded railway on track picture.

Embedded railway on track picture. This is a picture made with an old picture with tracks and a new model made to look like old Railway engine. The text in from is nor real its just imaginary number. This is not an exact replica any real train engine model but just similar features added together. The model is colored but I made the picture black and white to make it more realistic. This model can be embedded any picture for still or video output. Let me know your opinion. This is not even close to perfect and there is a room for a LOT of improvement. Your comments in that direction would be helpful.Thanks

Well, in it's current state it's obvious that it's "photoshoped"The transition between the picture and the model is too hard/sharp.It breaks the overall harmony/illusion of the picture I'm not sure if you want that ;P.I would either blur the train engine model so that it fits the original picture or better, use another background picture, less blurry.The engine model itself is made well but still needs some more details, especially the front.The whole front is very dark and it let it look like its one shapeAdd some geometry and set some highlights.You may want to add some steam on the side, which in my opinion is a must cause I have never seen a black and white film without a train scene :)

Edited by tommydanger (see edit history)

Well, in it's current state it's obvious that it's "photoshoped"The transition between the picture and the model is too hard/sharp.
It breaks the overall harmony/illusion of the picture I'm not sure if you want that ;P.
I would either blur the train engine model so that it fits the original picture or better, use another background picture, less blurry.
The engine model itself is made well but still needs some more details, especially the front.
The whole front is very dark and it let it look like its one shape
Add some geometry and set some highlights.
You may want to add some steam on the side, which in my opinion is a must cause I have never seen a black and white film without a train scene :)

Thanks for taking time to review my picture. I agree with you on the sharpness of the model. I will try to make it more realistic.
Thanks
Edited by talktime (see edit history)

Firstly I would like to say great idea with what you are trying to create. However like what is mentioned already the actual train tracks are of a different resolution to the actual train. So this is very noticeable. However with some adjustments this could be amended. Please keep us updated with your work. Very nice though.

This is a similar attempt but I am still not able to reduce contrast and burr the engine. I need a high-resolution background picture with track for that purpose and I am looking for one. In the one I did not like the wheel color myself and I an going to change that.Also the train the background looks modern while the model is for old train.

i really like it but like i said about the other one the train just stands out as its designed with a higher resolution. Just look at the train and the one in the background you will notice the difference. Other than this its pretty good. I am impressed keep up the good work and also remember to edit the resolution so that both images contrast well.

i really like it but like i said about the other one the train just stands out as its designed with a higher resolution. Just look at the train and the one in the background you will notice the difference.
Other than this its pretty good. I am impressed keep up the good work and also remember to edit the resolution so that both images contrast well.

Problem is both of them are not images. The backround is image and the train engine is a solid model. I am trying to find out how to blend the model in to the picture.

This is a similar attempt but I am still not able to reduce contrast and burr the engine. I need a high-resolution background picture with track for that purpose and I am looking for one. In the one I did not like the wheel color myself and I an going to change that.Also the train the background looks modern while the model is for old train.

hmm the model is definitely to small, scale it up a bit, so that it's as high as the other train and it's still to easy to figure it out that it is photoshopped :/

It terms of blurring the high-resolution train model - here is something you could try out:First scale the train model to 70 % or even 65% (you may need to tweak with it a bit). Let us say you scaled it down by x%. After that again scale it up by (100-x)%. By doing this, you are loosing some detail (x% amount of detail actually), and there by should reduce the resolution of the train.After that compose the train and the track and apply a very light Gaussian blur. Try it out and let us know.