xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

How To Get Rid Of Spam Mails In Outlook ?

I was unsure where to put this at first, however seeing other posts on Outlook Express in this forum I thought it would be the best place for it. However please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong location. My main email client that I use is Microsoft Outlook Express. My question is what is the best anti-spam software to help get rid of spam from it. I have used various pieces of software over the years, yet each one has not worked efficiently for me. They either slow it down when opening Outlook Express or do not even block spam. I am getting very annoyed with the amount of Spam I am getting now it is getting out of hand and I was hoping someone new the best software solution for the job.Thanks in advance for any replies.

It doesnt really sound like an issue with Outlook express it sounds like your mail account is just getting spammed.Could I suggest that you actually change your email addy or abandon it to pure spam and move on to a new one ?This is the best way to combat spam in imho..also avoid hotmail and yahoo addys cos they are a spammers paradise!My recommendation would be Gmail..been using it for a year orso and never had any form of spam in the inbox. Also using a mail addy purely for registrations on sites or on forums also helps keep your "real" address safe..I have one like this that is full of spam but also full of user registration details for many different sites or different autho codes in them..So I only sign in to this mail when I have just been sent some mail..then i move the registration emails to a new folder and leave the inbox to get spammed to hell. Good Luck! Markl;)_

You probably posted your email somewhere and spambots are picking it up and spamming you. If you can figure out who sent it, you can sue them. Spamming emails is illegal and very nice to be compensated for them being *BLEEP*s.

Zonealarm has a junk mail filter that actually catches most of the spam. it's not a good solution though if you have a slow internet connection, as it only deletes them/moves them to your junk mail folder AFTER they're downloaded. so if you want to catch them before they even download, what about mailwasher? Never tried it, but that's what it supposedly does. how about getting a gmail account, and either switching over to it, or forwarding your other email through that. that's what i do, and the gmail spam filter catches over 99% of my spam. of about 100 spam emails that are sent to my address a day, i probably get 3 or 4 that slip through in the course of a month.

Have you heard of filtering spam with another email address? I use Gmail and it really helps. The method can be found here:

Gmail allows you to forward incoming messages to any other e-mail address. Go to the Settings page and then to the Forwarding and POP tab. In the Forwarding option, set Gmail to forward all incoming mail to your regular e-mail account, and keep a copy in Gmailâs inbox.
Once that forwarding rule is set on Gmail, all incoming mail to user@gmail.com will get spam filtered and anything left over will be forwarded to user@domain.com, with a copy left at Gmail. But that doesnât help you much yet, because people are still sending spam directly to your user@domain.com account.

Now, over at your user@domain.comâs mail server, create a server-side filter to check the headers of any incoming e-mail. Have it forward to your Gmail account if it does not find the following in the header:

X-Forwarded-For: user@gmail.com user@domain.com

In English, the filter would be written: âAny mail that does not contain âX-Forwarded-For: user@gmail.com user@domain.comâ in the mail header should be forwarded to user@gmail.comâ.

Once this server-side filter is in place, only mail on its way back from user@gmail.com (already filtered for spam) will be passed to your user@domain.com account's inbox. Everything else will be forwarded on to user@gmail.com to be filtered and forwarded back.

Moving mails of perticular account to a specified folder in Microsoft outlook

How To Get Rid Of Spam Mails In Outlook ?

I have configured three accounts in MS outlook I have to move the mails of accuonts to different folders like bala@gmail.Com account message has to be moved to bala folder. Kindly help

-bala

outlook express block message does not workHow To Get Rid Of Spam Mails In Outlook ?

I have old up to 2004 Outlook express. I get spam up the wazoo and I tried using the system in Outlook that says to block message but when I do this it doesn't keep the same spam from coming back day after day. I am constantly blocking but getting no where. Same old stupid crap keeps coming back day after day. I am getting so sick of it. My husband fixes computers but says it is up to me to fix it because I have to learn. Is there a free up date on Outlook that will block or am I doing the blocking completely wrong? I am sick of getting sweepstack crap and same emails over and over clogging up my email. Hope someone can help me. 

-reply by Erinn

Dealing with unwanted mail in Outlook ExpressHow To Get Rid Of Spam Mails In Outlook ?

Replying to tezzaHi Unwanted Emails can be annoying and if touched or clicked on can create further problems. In my own case what I have done is first create a message rule that states, Move all incoming mail into Deleted Items folder. Then in toolsoptionsmaintenance have chosen the option to, Empty messages from 'Deleted Items' folder on Exit.This means all mail will come into your 'Deleted Items' folder. Just hold down the CTRL key and click on the mail you want. Once these files are highlighted simply 'drag and drop' them across into the Inbox. The rest of the unwanted mail in the 'Deleted Items' folder will remain there untouched or unclicked on. So when you leave Outlook Express the unwanted mail will automatically be deleted.

Cheers-reply by Peter