xisto Community
Eternal_Bliss

Mermaid In Tsunami

Hii, there Couple of days ago I got the chance to watch a show which shows the image of o little mermaid on the shore of Chennai(India) after the tsunami. The image is not the regular idea regarding the mermaid which we have, rather the picture is very ugly and the front part of the mermaid is like a bat while the posterior part is like that of a fish. Some say that the picture was digitally generated .WHAT is your idea regarding mermaid???

I think it's just a computer generated image. Mermaids are urban legends, and so far there hasn't been any scientific proof of their existence. Therefore, these creatures aren't real.Furthermore, if the picture was really worth paying attention to, it would have already been on the news and everyone would know about it. And let's face it - the news(paper) talk about numerous unconfirmed things, but yet they haven't mentioned the mermaid, so I doubt it's anything special.

Yeah, l agree with you on that .Also l'll like to add that when the officials of the museum were contacted they denied about all these. But l also think here that it might be that the Govt. is putting some of the facts under the shelf. I personally think that many of the Govt. of their respective countries know much more than what they show ,for many of the topics e.g. UFOs....(Atleast this is my opinion)

Uh, yeah, but what we can't see, we can't believe. Usually fame hungry people end up seeing strange things and producing strange news.I think I have seen the image you are talking about. I got it in a mail forward. There were two images, one was a white colored mermaid with a ugly fish like face, the other was dark and really ugly. My very first impression was that they are artificial creations just to gain some fame.Why would a government hide the existence of mermaid? It would be of great national value. Even if they hide, in India there are ten political parties that would have brought the issue in light.

but what we can't see, we can't believe. Usually fame hungry people end up seeing strange things and producing strange news.

I personally don't believe in mermaids, but I do not agree with this statement. This would leave no room for religion. I have very strong religious beliefs, and I also believe alot of stuff that science tells me. Anyway, if mermaids existed, we would have learned about them by now, as pyost eloquently put it:

Furthermore, if the picture was really worth paying attention to, it would have already been on the news and everyone would know about it. And let's face it - the news(paper) talk about numerous unconfirmed things, but yet they haven't mentioned the mermaid, so I doubt it's anything special.

It is too easy to generate a graphic now-days. Pictures just can't be trusted anymore.

I agree that pictures cannot be trusted as reliable evidence nowadays. It is too easy with Photoshop to manipulate images to suit one's imaginations. Considering that the purported mermaid did not generate more media attention, I doubt this creature was even physically found. Why go for 15 minutes of fame with a photo when the person could shoot for the stars with 15 decades ... as the discoverer of the first-ever documented sighting and capture of an otherwise mythological mermaid? Obviously, he can't, because the real thing does not exist to prove his claims.

I always thought mermaids were a myth, made up to explain children born with sirenomelia.

Anyways, I haven't seen this picture, but even if I had, I doubt I would take it at face value. Image editing software is way too advanced these days to believe something based on a photograph; its too easy to 'shop up a hoax. Even before software like this, there have been more complex hoaxes (like that video of 'alien surgery').

(After a quick search, I found the picture on this website, along with an article, if anyone's interested.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

)

I am a huge fan of fantasy fiction but I have a hard time believing that this find is legitimate. In this day and age where Photo-Shop can be used to make almost anything look real I have a hard time believing that a mermaid washed up on the shore.

Well, I don't really believe in mermaids too, I know tried to figure out where did I learn about mermaids and I think I first saw one on TV, then on playing a game, also I saw a movie with a mermaid, but as a matter of fact, that is the same way I found zombies, vampires and etc. TV and Games ;D

I don't really believe in anything until I see it, but I just can predict if it is possible to exist for such a being, but for example, in vampires I can believe, they have a little different teeth and likes to suck or drink blood, but in mermaids.. it would be almost in my last list in whom I believe ;D

Also I agree, that photo images doesn't really proof anything these days and that is quite a bad thing, that you can't prove something using a photo or video about some issue, because someone can think it isn't real, but made/edited with a computer.. :) I wonder, from where and when did mermaids appear.. or was it mermans.. it seems that I found my answer: "The first known mermaid stories appeared in Assyria, ca. 1000 BCE", the source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid <-- lots about Mermaids :)

i dont think that that it was a real mermaid but yet things that we feel don't exist are always their until they are discovered.Oceans are a big mysterys even today,There are many Trenches in the oceans which are not explored even today like the mariana trench which is so deep thatpeople were not able to reach even the half of it,because of very high pressure exerted by the water on the submarines which makes this bolts break or come out.But yes possibilities are unlimited Who knows there migh be a whole city of mermaids in those deep trenches or may be some colourful fishes and nothing else.but an image cannot be a proof of their occurence it could well be a computer generated one.I doubt any goverment would gain anything by hiding the existence of a mermaid and indian goverment is a big no-no.if you tell me about u.s. goverment i would agree with anything you say heheby the way it would be really cool if mermaids really existed it would really make aquariums a lot more interesting than what they are but would destroy their existence.just think how cool it would be if mermaids have their own civilization under the wate may be they have a city in the water ooooooooooh.ONLY possibilities!:)

Yes thats a very true statement. Actually it is known that humans know more about the surface of the moon than we do about the ocean. Only about 5 titanium 'ships' exist in the world that can go deep under water and can resist the extremely high pressure. It is because of these that new underwater species are being very frequently discovered. This shows that it is possible, but unlikely, that mermaids, or a similar species, do exist. It may be a long time before we discover them, or they may not exist at all. Its just a theory. My point is there are millions of unknown species in the deep water that are yet to be discovered.

It's not a mermaid, it's an expirement of half a fish and some other creature cut in half and slapped together, it's obvious......I believe this isn't the first time this has happened.

Why do some people make us believe in some mermaid photos.They should make a proof that the  mermaids exist and I don't know you will say that I'm rude in what I'm gonna SAY,I  hate mermaids cartoons. I'm saying that "are those mermaids are realy beautyful?"  do you sometimes feel it that way? anyone? me I always feel it that way it make me uhhmm.. Naver mind what it makes me but what I'm saying is I don't realy believe in mermaids.END.

Mermaids are real. I've seen many, and love them. I once met a mermaid, and she was cool. Although, i nreality, mermaids are females, and there are no male mermaids. Mermaids reproduce with humans and are only females. I have a mermaid daughter.