xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Flash Scroll?

I have read many guides on how to create a scroll bar and use it in flash yet I have never been able to apply this. Can anyone help with this. My intentions are to have a scroll button and once you click it or hover over it, you can see more writing.

I recommend this site they have plenty of flash tutorials on how to design, code and being able to apply them.http://www.pixel2life.com/

there are a number of ways to execute this and some are harder than others.If you don't want to get tied up in a lot of actionscript, you could set it up with a stop action on each frame, and then on another layer have the scrolling of the text motion tweened, then have a button that will take you to the next frame. And I suppose that you would mask the symbol that the text is in so that it would reveal as you scroll. Since this is the easy way, it is also sor tof annoying for the viewer, since they would have to keep clicking, instead of dragging. I would suggest that you go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is by the far the best flash resource that I have ever seen. They have stuff for both beginners and gurus. The site has tutorilas, open source fla files, royalty free sounds, and a very helpful forum with tons of experienced Flash designers/programmers, etc. I have seen and used tutorials for scrolling on this site successfully and they provide the file for you to use, making it even easier.

Edited by foolakadugie (see edit history)