xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Favourite Tool?

So what is everyones favourite tool in any web design software?

I use macromedia dreamweaver 8, i think is the best tool for noobies and pro designers. It's easy to use it and has many things to do ur website likes that a pro designer make it.

Vouch for that although paying $400+ for this is messed up, but of course got to go with the original notepad. Now only if Microsoft Frontpage would get rid of that junk coding then maybe I would use it (actually I wouldn't).Of course I good go on for days about some other one free and paid, but I keep it short.

I'm not too sure what you mean by Design? Coding and designing are two seperate steps. For design people like to use things like UML diagrams and use cases etc. Possibly even an activity diagram or site map. VISIO and SMARTDRAW are two of the main programs that people around me use. I personally need to do more design and documentation and I'm trying to get a grasp on the idea. Usually I just walk through the site in my head and maybe jot down a few diagrams or notes on plain paper. Then I start coding away. Studies have shown that you're much more productive if you do more design work before coding..which makes sense.As far as coding up the application I use notepad++ or notepad. I've used a few other things out there but I like how notepad++ is clean. Not too much in it other than what you want/need. Also has the ability to add plugins such as html tidy, which is very helpful cleaning up someone else's mess?