xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sujith

Best Ajax Start Page Which one are you using ?

I am currently trying out Pageflakes and netvibes I hav used Windows Live but it is not loading on my dial up connection.Pageflskes do have a lot of add ons..Netvibes looks a bit more good.Here is a list of start pages.Say which one are you using blogger

OK.As of now no one of you have posted something about the topic and probably the moderator/admins will consider this as spam/junk.So I am writing a bit more about this hope you will participate after this.

Windows Live

This is a little heavy on my slow 115 KBPS CDMA modem but it sometimes load well on my Firefox 2.0 but I can't get this one to work with Opera 9.02 [my favorite browser:)].This is the prettiest looking start page that I have found you can choose different colour schemes, like black, blue etc.

Their are a huge number of ad dons that are called gadgets a.k.a widgetsthat you Can add to your page to add more functionality.You can drag things around according to your liking it is completely flexible.I do have some problems using the page in Firefox 2.0 some times also I don't know if this is because it is of my ultra slow dial up connection.However I think this is the best AJAX start page around In My Opinion.

I feel that Microsoft is going in the right direction with the Live set of INTERNET services, that is really functional and productive combined with great design.

Hope you also will make contributions about your favorite start page or anything that you are using to organise yourself on line maybe that be the RSS feed reader you are using OR the Start page you are using

Links

https://login.live.com/jsDisabled.srf?mkt=EN-US&lc=1033

http://www.bing.com/?fdr=lc

I use Google homepage. It has my favorite search engine with my favorite content. I use Google Finance alot for my stocks, and there is a great stock add-on that I can add. New add-ons are coming all of the time. I have several tabs, ranging from my home tab (email and the like), to news, to finance. I like this better than Yahoo! because of the ease of adding/moving content around. I tried Yahoo! for a while, but it is not as advanced as Google's is. I don't like Live because it is a little confusing (not that I can't manage it, just that I don't want to). I like Google's clean interface.

I hate google because they simplified it too much and its is not really good to view.Searching and such things must be using a simpler interface but a good visual design is always a good idea for start pages.Have anyone checked Windows Live,Pgeflakes,Netvibes etcThey are better than Google Start Page.

I hate google because they simplified it too much and its is not really good to view.Searching and such things must be using a simpler interface but a good visual design is always a good idea for start pages.Have anyone checked Windows Live,Pgeflakes,Netvibes etcThey are better than Google Start Page.

What, are you mad? Have you ever used google. It is the best search engine because of its simplicity. That is why yahoo bought the google engine. Thats why MSN and LIVE have a similar looking engine that works just like Google. Why the hell do you think that Google Stock is at $500 dollars per share. Not only does it provide the best services but all its services are simple and clean. Dude, get your facts straight. Google is the #1 search engine as rated by different cusomer, technological, and web guides!!!! ;(

Yeah, I like most of Google sites, because their designs are clean and simple and for example google dot com works and looks almost the same on all major and minor browsers which even are outdated or doesn't support css and javascript.Moreover, google has made their sites as simple as possible to save a lot of bandwidth, just imagine how much hits and requests their enormous servers get every second from all the world connected people and different robots/software applications.For me the best start page is About:blank and as I ma mainly Opera user, I have always over 10 tabs in my session so I don't really need a start page and every time I push open new tab I get a blank page and do my google search from the address bar, thats all I need. :P

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I don't commented about the usefulness of the "Google Web Search Engine", what I said is about their start page.There are better looking and working alternatives out there.I don't know about their stocks because it is not listed in my country and the stock price will increase and decrease.As a user I don't have to mind that.I use google search engine but I am not a fan of their start page.Just try out Pageflakes,Netvibes,webwag etc.

In my opinion Windows Live, pageflakes and Netvibes are the best.Making things "simple" is not a simple task, even though I don't have broadband connection I felt very nice while using non google start pages.I don't want to start an argument with you.Just try some of the services I have suggested and please post your review(s) here, I will review Google IG and will post it here.

If I sounded harsh because it is because I am not really a maestro in this language so reflecting my emotions correctly is not successfully

What, are you mad? Have you ever used google. It is the best search engine because of its simplicity. That is why yahoo bought the google engine. Thats why MSN and LIVE have a similar looking engine that works just like Google. Why the hell do you think that Google Stock is at $500 dollars per share. Not only does it provide the best services but all its services are simple and clean. Dude, get your facts straight. Google is the #1 search engine as rated by different cusomer, technological, and web guides!!!! ;(

Edited by knight17 (see edit history)