xisto Community
niran

Problems With phpMyAdmin (Unable To Edit The Fields)

Hi all,

(Sorry for disturbing admins and techs here :P )

One more issue friends!

After cPanel Upgradation ( I think so :P ) the phpMyAdmin is not working fine guys!

I think, that also upgraded now! :P

( As its showing Server version: 4.0.26-Max , phpMyAdmin - 2.9.0.2 & MySQL client version: 4.1.10 )

I mean, if I open a database on phpMyAdmin page, and going to edit some fields in tables,

after pressing submit after editing the field values, its showing some error message as:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php:155) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 1154

For all databases, Tables & records, its showing the same error message as above!

I dont know, why its showing like this?

Is it my fault or the server bug?

I'm asking this because I was able to edit the same fields before!

But now its displaying the same error message!

I thin, you guys were not aware of the issue!

I'm hoping that, you guys will try to fix the issue soon!

Waiting for the reply from techs!

Regards,

Niran

I also had issues while attempting to install a Mysql database over at the Xisto. Figured it was due to a rush on the Server, but maybe not.My problem was: while trying to install a package from an uploaded software package, I had an error mid-way through the sql file. Only 9 of 17 tables had been created, so I needed to drop the tables. Went to phpmyadmin, selected the DB and selected 'all' the tables (some of which had data). The 'drop' failed, for I can't recall what reason was given, so I had to drop each table individually.After successfully dropping these tables and correcting the sql file (1 unescaped single quote in 700 lines, not bad for a first run) the install went fine. Added the tables and data quite well. Accepted updates, etc from the web application. So it appears that the phpmyadmin was the problem. And I thought maybe it was because of the 'wee hours demon'. Those little bugs that come out and haunt the server when most of us are asleep. Guess not.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

If you send an improper query through phpMyAdmin to a MySQL database and recieve errors it is because you are improperly sending a query, some thing is wrong with your query and not phpMyAdmin or any upgrade that may have taken place. You might want to show the query you have made as well as the database structure that you presently have for anyone to help you solve your problem.

If you send an improper query through phpMyAdmin to a MySQL database and recieve errors it is because you are improperly sending a query, some thing is wrong with your query and not phpMyAdmin or any upgrade that may have taken place. You might want to show the query you have made as well as the database structure that you presently have for anyone to help you solve your problem.

Im sure that, its not a problem with querry string!

I had tried hitting the "Go" button, without changing the values!

That aso generating the same error messge!

But it was working fine before, and the same thing is working without any problem in my old server!

(Im still using that server to host some of my test files :P )

Well for me phpMyAdmin works fine, no errors. :P

Best regards

TavoxPeru, Just try this one friend!

Goto cPanel >> phpMyAdmin

Select any database from there

Select any table under the database

Select Browse Table

Select any table value and hit >> Edit

No need to change the value, just hit OK/GO (You can try that one after changing the value also )

Whats displaying there??

Is it working fine or generating the same error msg as:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php:155) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 1154

Try It yourself friend, and let us know what you are getting there!

I think, the problem is with the phpAdmin only!

As I didn't edit any of these files:

/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/tbl_replace.php

/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php

:P

The problem will not be a transparent one by simply looking at phpMyAdmin!

We all can open phpMyAdmin and view the databases and table datas!

But the problem arises when, you go for editing those table values! :P

Check it and confirm it..

Waiting for the responses from you people!

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

never been a problem with me.. i have uploaded my own copy of phpmyadmin just chmod it to deny execute all when i am done with it..plus the installation first ask for login info.. ----------------------------------------------------due to cpanel upgrade.. there may be files in the phpmyadmin that was not upgraded.. if you were using the phpmyadmin supplied by cpanel..

never been a problem with me.. i have uploaded my own copy of phpmyadmin just chmod it to deny execute all when i am done with it..
plus the installation first ask for login info..

----------------------------------------------------

due to cpanel upgrade.. there may be files in the phpmyadmin that was not upgraded.. if you were using the phpmyadmin supplied by cpanel..

I'm using the same phpMyAdmin supplied by cPanel.
And didn't edited any of those files!
So, it wil be the problem with rhe Server only! Am I right guys??

i have uploaded my own copy of phpmyadmin

Between, How can I use my own phpmyadmin?
Guys, please help me regarding this issue!

I'm using the same phpMyAdmin supplied by cPanel.And didn't edited any of those files!
So, it wil be the problem with rhe Server only! Am I right guys??
Between, How can I use my own phpmyadmin?
Guys, please help me regarding this issue!

well, you are using a server version of phpmyadmin.. then i can safely say that the one at fault was the server side copy.. i dont know if we are all given a copy of phpmyadmin or if we are sharing them around with each other..

if you want to have your own phpmyadmin.. i can help you install it.. you just tell me what version you are uploading and i can help in the setup..

be carefull with it anyway.. if anyone discovers that you are having a phpmyadmin outside cpanel.. they can also connected to it and expose your database.. that is the trade off..

i have made my phpmyadmin authenticate on visit, no cookie.. so no one can use my copy of phpmyadmin just by typing the URL..

plus i chmod the directory after i am done with it.. a little paranoid on my side

Yes, I'm using the same phpMyAdmin supplied along with the cPanel which is be hosted at Server only!So, it will be the problem with the server copy only, or may be the bug with the latest phpMyAdmin library!Please guys, try to solve the problem as soon as possible!I'm waiting for the problem to be fixed! :) Niran

Well, let me see here.

In the past week, I have used phpMyAdmin for the following activities without any problem Not a single error with the cPanel installed phpMyAdmin script:

Moved tables from database to database.

Created copies of tables on various databases.

Created backups and restored databases and tables from those bakups.

Imported and exported data.

Edited field information.

Added / deleted fields.

Optimized and repaired databases / tables.

Now I'm not sure what errors you are seeing but this doesn't seem to be a problem with the script. I don't mean to minimize your problem but I can't resolve an issue which I can't duplicate.

I tried this as you requested without any problems:

TavoxPeru, Just try this one friend!

Goto cPanel >> phpMyAdmin

Select any database from there

Select any table under the database

Select Browse Table

Select any table value and hit >> Edit

No need to change the value, just hit OK/GO (You can try that one after changing the value also )

I think we need a few more environmental values from you.

OS, Browser, etc.

Are you using any kind of other script to wrap the cPanel in when you are using it? The headers already sent error is usually caused by two seperate scripts trying to send header information for the same page.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

vujsa

Hi Vujsa,

When did you checked the phpMyAdmin function!

I was checking that today morning!

I think the problem has got fixed now!

It was not allowing to edit the fields before!

I had checked that some what at the end of October!

Now Its working fine friend!

I don't know whats went wrong with that one!

Niran

Hi all..

the problem was solved before! But I need to bump the topic, as the problem is again back thr!! ;)

I was trying to edit one value in my database table, and after clicking "go" button, its showing as:

Whats the problem with that guys!! ;)

( Im using phpMyAdmin budled with cPanel )

Please fix it!

It could be the internet browser. It might do something weird to the post values which could be the problem.I have had a look at the offending source code, and it confuses me. It checks to see if a certain variable exists - if not, changes another variable to null. But then that variable is used in a foreach statement?!?!?!? That seems to be the problem, and if so, is probably with phpMyAdmin.EDIT: The second error message (headers) is just a side-effect of the first error. When the error message is echoed by PHP, it automatically sends the headers. Then when a script tries to change the headers, they were already sent so the second error message appears. It is just the first one that is the problem.I think Xisto should upgrade phpMyAdmin. They're only on 2.9.0.2, when the newest is 2.9.2.

Edited by bluefish (see edit history)