xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Html Code Problem

Hi! Im working on a little HTML project for myself and am teaching myself.. So I would like to know how to set roll over effects and a short guide on it!What I mean is, I would like to know the code of making the mouse over on links make the links go red... Or if anyone can give me a way to do it on frontpage, because I cant find it!Thnx in advance!

I don't know how to do it in Frontpage because i never use that. But the thing which u want to done can easily be done with javascript. That is not very difficult to do. Just search on Google or find a simple javascript book if u don't know about javascript.

ok, this is simple. If you just want a mouserollover for text. You do all this in css.

First, you need to put this into your css styles tags. If you don't know what this is, easy.

<style>a {      color: blue;}a:hover {      color: red;}</style>

Now all the links will turn red when the mouse rolls over it. you can change the font, size, color, all of it. No this is the COMPLETE code in your HTML document.

<html><head><title>mouse rollovers</title><style>a {      color: blue;}a:hover {      color: red;}</style></head><body><a href="index.html">Mouse rollover</a></body></html>

hope that helped

Oh, I didn't expect it to be that easy.. If its not to much trouble, how do you make it make a noise when the mouse goes over? I swear thats the final thing I need to know.. ( im sorry, im a starter HTML'ist )

Please, do not add music or noises to Web pages!!!. You will damage people who navigates at work place. :-)

And please, no marquees and animations! Keep your site classy and simple.

What are your html learning sources? The first code snippet in nickmealy's post isn't really html code, it is css. I would recommend http://www.w3schools.com/ for a tutorial on (x)html and css. It is also a good site to use as reference when your coding your webpage.

adding sound to a button is somtimes very GOOD. but, it can be destracting. like a little beep or somthing is good. It's kinda diffucult though. Way easier to do in Flash. :)

adding sound to a button is somtimes very GOOD. but, it can be destracting. like a little beep or somthing is good. It's kinda diffucult though. Way easier to do in Flash. :(

64086[/snapback]

I think the only way to attach sounds to mouse clicks is by using Flash. You could create your whole navigation system as a Flash movie and place it on your page where you need it.