xisto Community
iGuest

Suggestion To Mods And Admins About your Staff Topics

At present, the topics and replies you folks deal with inside the Staff sub-forum are being listed on the Last Topic and Last Post listings. And regular members (moi) get a Board error when attempting to read them. (Curiousity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.)In order to avoid this, simply close the topic and regular members and Guests do not have the topics listed on the Last Topic / Last Posting lists.Or add a prefix like [ Staff ] to the Topic title so we know that it doesn't / shouldn't concern us. Simply a small request from just a regular Member. Thanks for considering it.

At present, the topics and replies you folks deal with inside the Staff sub-forum are being listed on the Last Topic and Last Post listings.

Also the tutorials are listed in the "last topic" list, and they cannot be accessed until they are approved. So, now we have a nice and funny game. When a topic cannot be accessed, let's guess if it's a Staff-only topic, or if it's a tutorial. Bye the way, I hope that the closed topics are still readable. It's really interesting to see why a topic is closed, in order to avoid posting on the same subject and have a topic being closed.

Yea you can still view closed topics, just can't reply (as you would expect). I agree too, it's always fun seeing how annoying or stupid people were (excluding the times they are simply closed to end the discussion for legitimate reasons)

Sometimes topics left open draws attention to that topic, whether they were for moderators or not. If moderators made a habit of checking the staff section as soon as they log in, perhaps we can close the topic only for STAFF section.But we're not robots :P Sometimes we digress. As for my personal experience leaving STAFF topics open helps me to check this section. Some moderators have been very clever, i.e. jlhaslip *ahem*, by creating topic title as catchy as it can without "spoofing" a member in question--let's say.I may have been swamped with PMs but as I glance over LAST TOPICS it reminds me to look over newest topics and thus, I get to see STAFF topics. But that's just me...

Like the other day I saw a topic "Shall we make Mark420 a Mod" I was dying to reply to it :P))hehehe

Yes, I have seen this topic. The same day Yordan was asked to switch from moderator to system admin.

Yes, I have seen this topic. The same day Yordan was asked to switch from moderator to system admin.

speaking of promotions and such..
anyone sees dhanesh? or did i take soooo looooooooooooooooooooongg away from the board.

i still vote two thumbs to dhanesh being a mod..
ah.. the annoy Jeigh fad perhaps have passed..

-----------------------------------------------------------

the topic listings.. got no problem with it and i can always open the locked topics.. including my lock topics i requested to be locked.

Yea you can still view closed topics, just can't reply (as you would expect). I agree too, it's always fun seeing how annoying or stupid people were (excluding the times they are simply closed to end the discussion for legitimate reasons)

hahaha, yep. I'm always in Xisto's garbage can reading the closed topics. Some are like, "wow, I can't believe they posted that" or "how can someone be that dumb". Yeah, closed topics rule!

[N]F

Aah, if only it were that easy.. You see, the mod that displays the latest activity doesn't work that way. While "browsing" the database, it doesn't check the permission. It just takes the last thirty rows and posts them to the forum. I am sure it could be sorted out, but why bother when you can't even access the topics :)

hy bother when you can't even access the topics

I totally agree. I think we could even close the present topic (according to another topic saying that useless topics should be closed).But it's so humant, endlessly discussing about useless things over which we have no action, and which are of not so much interest.