xisto Community
mirdux

New Website... heres how its going to go.

Alright so i was thinking how to maybe set up a nice website that i could intelligently be a part of. The result of that thought was Photoshop-HQ.com ... i was thinking of something that you could use to show off your various photoshop creations with an image addon to some open source platform, but at the same time also have a forum that gives users the opportunity to touch base with the rest of the members. Sure, this seems really similar to a ?????GFX.com kind of site, but the main discrepancy here is that it will revolve not around those who are very experienced in Photoshop, but rather those who want to begin to learn it. And also your not stuck with just hard-copy tutorials, but people to help you along the way. I found when i began to learn that having someone who knows what there doing to help toy makes your experience in PS more enjoyable, and keeps you on the right track. So, as it isnt established yet, ill keep you guys posted and possible some of you may want to venture over there and have a good time. :P Any feedback on the name of it or ANYTHING id really love to hear, i take critisizm as a compliment :P And to those who are experienced in PS, your welcomed in just as much as the guy who doesnt know what PS is, i found that by teaching others the true art of Photoshop :P , your true level of Photoshop knowlege increases, and hey, your being social :P

Edited by mirdux (see edit history)

Why PS ?PS is not the only available program ?Are you talking about altering pictures ? Or creating images from scratch ? Then, this shouls rather be named "Image creation" instead of PS, according to people using other softwares.Unless I missed something ?

I would actually help you with this effort of yours - but for the Photoshop constraint. It is a very expensive software. Think about it - you are aiming basically at hobbyists, not professionals. It would seem rather unlikely that a hobbyist would be owning Photoshop. The set of amatures having Photoshop would be very small. I would suggest, that you start a website that caters to amatures having any software. To get a image right, that too when done from scratch, the first few steps - the foundation, needs to be propers. And these first few steps normally require just basic features that are available in most of the graphical softwares. I personally use GIMP, but when some one queries me on a particular area, I try to explain to them the general concept and how it can be achieved, suggesting on use of few tools. This, ofcourse is my opinion. :P