xisto Community
ginginca

Outlook Express - Sent Items Are Gone

I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do about this.All of a sudden yesterday all my sent messages disappeared.When I look in my mail folder, what was previously my sent items is still there. But now the file name looks like this: SENTIT~1.DBX rather than sent items.dbxI tried renaming it back, and reopening outllook express, but the folder is still empty.The data is there but not being read.Does anyone have any suggestions?Gin

Hiyah!Ive used a prog at work many times to solve things like this..I cant seem to find it atm tho;(Maybe try googling Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool i think it was called...please backup your pst first to antoher drive...then run the tool...let me know if it works for u ?CheersMarky;)

Hiyah!
Ive used a prog at work many times to solve things like this..I cant seem to find it atm tho;(
Maybe try googling Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool i think it was called...please backup your pst first to antoher drive...then run the tool...let me know if it works for u ?

Cheers

Marky;)

I've backed up all the data already to another drive yesterday before I started monkeying around with it. Every few months I back up all of my email to a DVD. But if I restore from a previous backup, I'll lose all my in-box messages since the most recent back-up.

Thanks for your thoughts and I'll search for something.

I want copy Outlook Express Indox and Sent items And Personal Folders it cont copy

Dear Sir I am facing some problems when I going to copy In Outlook Express I facing some problems when I need to copy some inbox and sent items folders files I cont copy Why ?

Not only that I am facing some more problems in Outlooks in personal folders also not coping ok

Please send me replay fast I need to do this today ite self

Mujeeb Rahiman Shaik

Dubai

00971 508 636822

-reply by shaik muzbur rahiman

How to copy in Outlook Express Inbox & Sent Items

Dear Sir

Good Day !

I here by inform that I am going to copy in Inbox & Sent iteams files it cont copy can explain me how to copy

Mujeeb Rahiman Shaik

050 8636822

-reply by mujeeb

I know this thread is old, but I thougt it might come to help someone else..I've helped my dad with these things a "few" times before :P (maybe more than 200)..anyways. you should see some files in your C:\ drive.. they should be named inbox.dbx, sentitems.dbx (I think it ended with .dbx)(these are the files you should backup always), and so on.. Now open Microsoft Outlook, and then press on file->import->messages. Now choose the version of Microsoft Outlook you have (normally "Microsoft Outlook Express 6") if you are using windows XP (maybe lower too, but thats the one I am using), and press the "Next" button.Make sure that the "import email from an OE6-catalog" is checked (that what it is named in swedish. but it is the lower "radio box") and press ok.Select the C:\ drive in the window that pops up, and press ok. now make sure that "import all" is checked and press ok. Just wait for the program to import them to your account, and you are done. it isn't much harder :) Hope it helped ya :PRegards //Feelay

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

Sent Items from Outlool Express have dissapeared

All the files from 4/3/08 to 6/6/08 from the Sent Items in Outlook Express suddenly dissapeared. I tried to import from the Sent Items.Dbx folder but kept getting an error message " Sone files are open, call import" Of course I only had OE open. I need to retrieve the lost files, any suggestions?

-question by Katie

how to i back up my old sent item of gmail in my outlook express

Sir/madam

How to I back up my old sent items in my gmail(its also Located in gmail sent items folder)to a new or old outlook express.

So pls help me it's urgent.

Thanks/regards

Santosh Maharana

-reply by SANTOSH

transferring "sent tems from webmail" to "outlook express sent items"

Replying to iGuesthey! well I faced the same problem today and sorted it out somehow..

Well wot you can do is.. Select all your "sent mails" from "webmail" (by selecting the checkbox that selects all the emails beneath it) and move them to the inbox..

Then go to your "outlook express" account and click on send and recieve emails.. There you'll recieve all the sent itme mails in your inbox.

Then filter the list from above as per "FROM" .. Now scroll down and you'll see your name or e-mail address.. Those are the "SENT ITEMS" from your webail account.. Now click on the group head and right click on it. And select the option move to :- SENT ITEMS!

WHOA THERE you GO!

and for future either send a BCC or the same process..

-reply by sahil jain

Outlook Express: Older "Sent" Messages Just DISAPPEAR!

Hi, I am having a serious problem with my Outlook Express 6. Please help.

Anytime a Sent message gets to be more than 2 months old, it gets deleted or something. Wherever these messages go, I can't find them. This is extremely annoying, as anytime I need to check or verify something that I wrote in an email more than two months ago, I am, as they say, "sh*& outta luck."

Now, nothing in my Inbox or Deleted Items ever gets removed unless I specifically decide to purge that folder. As far as I know, I haven't asked Outlook to automatically delete ANY old messages.

Can anyone help me? I just want ALL my old Sent messages to STAY in the damn Sent box where they belong!!

Thanks,

LEJ

-question by Linnea

old mails from sent items has goneOutlook Express - Sent Items Are Gone

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and the mails which I have send to anyone before one month are not availabe in sent items folder.

Vinay

-reply by Vinay Kr. Sharma

I am Facing a Problem With Outlook ExpressOutlook Express - Sent Items Are Gone

Dear friends

Nowadays I'm facing a problem with outlook express I have all the mails into it but when I send any mail it does not show in my sent item but mail is going properly to that person and for that reply is also coming I cannot see my sent mail in the sent mail folder. Even after I checked upon the option save a copy upon server so Please if u have a solution, can you please send it to my mail add ill be very thanful to uMy mail add is :Arshadcttc@gmail.Com

-reply by Arshad Ali

my sent Items in outlook not compleatly gone only June and July, from March to May are still here ....from 20th July till 22nd July I don't even know that my messsage have been send or not....because sent items wont show .......any help for this? thank you very much :)

my sent Items in outlook not compleatly gone only June and July, from March to May are still here ....from 20th July till 22nd July I don't even know that my messsage have been send or not....because sent items wont show .......any help for this? thank you very much :)

if anyone could help please send me to my email because I don't come here often :) pooying26@yahoo.com ....big thanks to all ;)