xisto Community
BitShift

Best Email Client For Gmail

I am totally sick of the buggy/crappy Microsoft Outlook that I use.I want to use a different email client but I don't know of any others.Do you guys know of any email clients that work awesome with gmail?The only email accounts I have are gmail so of course it would be optimal that I started using an email client that worked well with it.Thanks.

I second ahender. I stopped using Thunderbird and went back to using Microsoft Office Outlook because of the former's unsatisfactory Hebrew (and right-to-left) support. I set up my Gmail account back on Thunderbird, but nowadays I used Outlook only for my ISP-provided email, and use Gmail's web interface. I've recently really gotten hooked on Gmail! It just works! It's so amazing! :P

I like Thunderbird, but I use KMail myself, since I don't have to install extra crap into my machine.
xboxrulz

Did you consider using Thunderbird Portable ? Nothing to install, just unpack the file. You can even run it from your flashdis.

Gmail's own webmail interface is quite good and easy to use. I tend only to use the web interface because I get a lot of junkmail / spam and I don't want to have to download these non-sense emails and waste my internet bandwith. I am currently using Thunderbird for another non-Gmail email account. Thunderbird can easily integrate with Gmail (it has a special option for Gmail accounts), so it should be one of the options you are considering.

Gmail's own webmail interface is quite good and easy to use. I tend only to use the web interface because I get a lot of junkmail / spam and I don't want to have to download these non-sense emails and waste my internet bandwith. I am currently using Thunderbird for another non-Gmail email account. Thunderbird can easily integrate with Gmail (it has a special option for Gmail accounts), so it should be one of the options you are considering.

I have actually found Gmail's spam filters to be quite good. However I guess some email programs may download all folders instead of just the inbox.

I personally just use the web based one. I have never been a huge fan of the client services and almost always have a browser open anyways so leaving another program running is just an extra window to contend with. The gmail web interface is slick and easy to navigate and has a decent amount of organizational options so personally I don't see a huge need for it.Beyond that if you still really want a client I'd suggest the latest outlook or thunderbird. I know people seem to auto-hate microsoft products but from what I've used of outlook I've never had any large issues with it (well none that were the applications fault, although other people that have used it more may have some complaints I never came across). Thunderbird is pretty solid too although the older versions I've used had a few small things that annoyed me, but overall it was a very solid product and you can't beat the price.

The only email client i've used is Mozilla Thunderbird which I found quite good, but that was a while ago. I just use Gmail's web interface, I like how they've set it up with labels, stars, archiving emails etc. I think it's very efficient, quite quick and now they have themes so it looks even better.Plus for some reason my gmail account gets so much spam... it all gets filtered into the "spam" folder but it's still annoying and I wouldn't want to have to deal with that through an email client.

I used to use email clients all the time for most of my email accounts, the best one I've ever used was YAM (Yet Another Mail client/Mailer) which was really comfortable and had everything you need, but it wasn't for Windows, on Windows I tried the Bat, then Thunderbird, but having 2 mozilla engines in your memory if you are using Firefox too was just to "stupid".. email clients were good, because you could keep your mail at your computer which has much more space than an ordinary email account, the days web mails offered ~60 MB :P and it was much faster to read them on your computer with an email client than always browsing a web mail and trying to organise everything..GMail now with nowadays connections and browsers are so much faster and comfortable !!!Since GMail got so much better and now the web interface can be used for most other emails which has POP support/feature, I don't need any email client, I just use GMail and put all my email accounts there and filter them as I want, I can access it anywhere I want, on any computer which has Internet connection, even on a mobile phone which has Opera mini and some kind of connection, Wifi or Gprs.. :mellow:

Clients...Best Email Client For Gmail

Lets take a look...

Every mail client is with some advantages and disadvantages...

1. Outlook: Outlook is Microsoft product. All looks good with it but problems are slow synchro, too many bugs and biggest one --- ONLY ONE ACOUNT IS SUPPORTED. If you try to use other one. Its all mess or it crashes in few days.No compression support, Easy hacking support, shows your password and everything easily. Not free, comes with Office Suite or you can buy it separately.

2.Thunderbird: Everybodys favorite now a days. But some issue are unresolved. Many times it downloads only the unread messages NOT ALL (even you start it for the very first time). Not much secured but ok ok compression and multiple account support. Trendy and easy handling makes it lead. Addons support is the best feature you can have here also its FREE.

3. THE BAT: HERE COMES THE KING. Yes Bat is with multiple account support, PASSWORD SECURITY FOR EACH ACCOUNT SEPARATELY, HIGH compression, Message filtering, Attachment handler, downloads fast, Don't reveal you information openly, have search capabilities and other things to rely on. BUT ITS NOT FREE. There are two edition to buy-- HOME and PRO.

Hope I helped Thank you.

Have A Nice Day.

-reply by Dr. Mrinal Buddekar

EvolutionBest Email Client For Gmail

I have been using Evolution for a few years now with two gmail accounts. One for personal and one for business. I haven't had anything bad to say about it ever. I know a lot of people use Thunderbird. I have thought about giving Thunderbird a try to see how it compares to Evolution; however, I guess I'm just that happy with Evolution. 

I used to use Outook back in my Microsoft days, but they are long over. Evolutions address book seems to sync well with my gmail address books as well.

If you're running the right OS(Linux) to use it, I would seriously give it a try.

-reply by Nausser