xisto Community
ginginca

An Installation Problem - Can Someone Help? Installing Alstrasoft autoresponder pro

I'm not sure if I'm in the right sub-forum or not ... but if this should be somewhere else please feel free to relocate!I have uploaded this PHP app to my server with plans to install it (It's a program like aweber.com)I made the database and started following the installation instructions.The instructions say to run the SQL file (autoresponder.sql). I haven't done this before in phpmyadmin as most php apps I have installed also have an installation script.Needless to say, I got an error: There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problemERROR: Unknown Punctuation String @ 5 MySQL said: Documentation#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/blahblahblah'

The program requirements are that I have mysql v 3.23 (or higher) which I have, and php v 4.2.3 (or higher), mine is 4.3.1Does this make sense to anyone? My knowledge in this area is quite limited so any assistance is greatly appreciated.Thanks,Gin

Well this error happens when you have a parse error in your sql statement like an extra space, when you use a reserved word, when you use quotes.Which MySql version you have??? Can you PM me the source file to take a look at???Best regards,

Well this error happens when you have a parse error in your sql statement like an extra space, when you use a reserved word, when you use quotes.
Which MySql version you have??? Can you PM me the source file to take a look at???

Best regards,

MYSQL is version 3.23.

I found the problem!

Can you please tell us what is the problem and how you solution it? BTW, i receive your PM bUt i think the file was too long because it dont shows completely, can you please send it again or put an hyperlink to the source to download it complete.

Best regards,

Can you please tell us what is the problem and how you solution it? BTW, i receive your PM bUt i think the file was too long because it dont shows completely, can you please send it again or put an hyperlink to the source to download it complete.
Best regards,

I hadn't had to run a sql file before. So I didn't realize I was doing it wrong. The problem was in my method.

In the box for the sql file in PHPMYADMIN I was entering the url instead of copying and pasting the contents of the file. Once I got that figured out it worked just fine.

:)All part of the learning curve!

i made errors in my early days of database programming..almost same as yours..

part of learning.. cheers..

I'm still makin errors in my current days of database administrating.
After ten years experience.
Is there a hope of improvement ?
Or isn't making errors part of human behaviour ?

Personnally, I think that a normal person makes 5 % errors : If you type 100 instructions, there are five lines with errors.
The difficult part of the game is finding where the errors are.

I'm still makin errors in my current days of database administrating.After ten years experience.

Personnally, I think that a normal person makes 5 % errors : If you type 100 instructions, there are five lines with errors.

I've only been doing php for about a year. So I still have so much to learn. But I started a course a few weeks ago at college to learn is properly.

I hadn't had to run a sql file before. So I didn't realize I was doing it wrong. The problem was in my method.
In the box for the sql file in PHPMYADMIN I was entering the url instead of copying and pasting the contents of the file. Once I got that figured out it worked just fine.

:)All part of the learning curve!

Dont worry gin, as you say is all part of the learning curve and i'm sure that everybody still making errors including myself, for example, yesterday i spend 1 hour to debug a simple error that i made in an sql select -i forgot to put a single quoute- and my php script dont show anything.

I think that we still learn everyday.

Best regards,

I also have the same sript . But seems to have some errors in it.when I tested it on localhost in windows using Xampp I am not able login as admin I checked the md5 password at phpmydmin . it is 'admin' But I was not able to login , then I shifted to linux, there I could login as admin using the same password.After few days it did not permit me to login as admin uning the same password then I corrected it again . But no luck.Any kind o help would b apreciatedthankssherifsherifmayika@gmail.com http://www.sherifmayika.com/

i have fedora 5 and win2k and the latest versions of xampp for both. I able to login in linux the problem is in win2k . but i am editing the same in DW in win 2k.

Well sherif, i dont use any kind of linux distro neither xampp, but i think the problem is related with the way your php is installed as i said you in my email, does your php is installed as cgi or as an apache module???

Best regards,

Well sherif, i dont use any kind of linux distro neither xampp, but i think the problem is related with the way your php is installed as i said you in my email, does your php is installed as cgi or as an apache module???
Best regards,

I think it is a appache module. I dont know how to check this.

thanks

sherif
Edited by sherifmayika (see edit history)

I'm still makin errors in my current days of database administrating.After ten years experience.

Hey bud thats what debugging is all about. You create something and then fix it. Nothing you can do abou *BLEEP*.