xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Post/credit Count Add-on I cant believe that I just thought of it.

From my original post http://forums.xisto.com/topic/42141-topic/ was thinking what you experience members thought.

I can't believe I just thought of after so long of being here. this is a simple code it terms of the idea but implentmenting it could be a challange but of course that would depend what need to be involoved.

To help people get good posts we should implent a credit counter somewhere in the post saying how much the post is worth. This way people can either edit their post to add on to it if they can (of course it has to be legit and all that). Also it will help learn that that better quality post is the best way to go any thoughts?

Counter Mod Plan

-Counter reads from the character length as based on the actual credit count.

-it would be displayed on the line next to date or next to the post number ie. Post #1 is worth <display counter "=post length" > credits

-it the counter would change depending on the edits made.

-(optional)pop up showing how many credits you have earn upon submitting a post

I think some kind of value ranking would be nice, perhaps a rating system by readers. I started to participate in a discussion HERE on a topic I find interesting, however as you read through it sounds like Bob from '50 First Dates'

Google lost its case in the UK

'OH NO WHAT ABOUT MY @GMAIL.COM ACCOUNT?'

Dont worry, they lost the brand name not the domain but did you read how they got the brand name in the first place?

'Google should just use their money to buy back the domain! WHAT ABOUT MY @GMAIL.COM ACCOUNT?'

Perhaps I'm being cynical but it seems people are quick to post without researching the subject simply to get the hosting credits. From my short time here it seems a frustration for the admins to deny request after request from people not truly interested in the idea of the site.

Either way by allowing the readers to rate the articles and using that as an additional weight to the post length (loose eg: Hosting credits =post length * rating, with whatever kind of weighting and constants required)

That way the admins wouldnt need to check people who have gotten the credits but added no value to the board as their posts would just be worth nothing because we rejected them as worthless.

Thoughts?
-Jordan

Well I have to say, that although this idea has been out here a while....looks like it was made in october of last year,I must say that it would be nice for a little change to the post/credit system. I don't think I agree with the idea posted here, as people would simply keep adding to their post, just for the points, not necessarily because they are trying to get out what they have to say.What I am thinking, is that it would be nice if when you made the post, it told you on a screen (like I know IPB has) "Your post has been made. You will now be redirected" Just have that screen, and on it have a thing so it is like:"Your post has been made.You earned 2.03 credits for your post"That way we know how many credits that we earned after we made the post.

I have been behind this idea for a long time, and one that I would like to push forward even more ( the mods and admins had a thread about this going in the staff section a while ago) but unfortunately the admins have been very busy recently with the upgrades to Trap and Asta.Hopefully now all the upgrades are running 100% tweaks can be thought about and implemented.There is a way to check your post credits..but only after you post, you can do this by checking your credits then posting then check again, but it’s a bit of longwinded way of doing it.@ vitorious yes some of the posts get out of hand because sometimes people don’t really read or analyze what’s been posted before.Also duplicate topics are a pain to control, for instance constant posts about basically the same subject, people would rather make a new topic and gain credits than do a search and find out what they have posted about has already been covered at length in another post.My two cents..Marky;)

i like that idea mark! its simple, easily implemented and can help everyone out! also, if the credit counter was publicly visible (say next to post 1 as mark said) then when members are reading through posts they can see how good a post actually has to be to get a reasonable amount of credits.great idea, keep the ideas coming! hopefully the admins can implement this for us soon!-jimmy