xisto Community
doudou

Any Free PDF Programs? PDF Converter or Creator

Well, I use PrimoPDF to create PDF's.

It is kind of neat. You use whatever progran that you like and then select print. In your printer list select PrimoPDF and it will print your document into a PDF file where you tell it to. Pretty handy I think. Has some problems with webpages sometimes but other than that it works well.

As for converting from PDF to Other, I don't have a need for that so I don't know of any software for it.

Hope this helps. :P

vujsa

I use CutePdf. As far as I understand, PrimoPDF works the same way.When you install it, it installs an additional printer.So, you open your document the same way as usual (with Notepad or with a brower or with Microsoft Excel Viewer, anything you neeed to see your file), and you print it, choosing th CutePdf printer.So, it works like a printer.If your document has a picture, the picture is in the pdf file.Unfortunately, it also works like a printer concerning the modification feature : a printer is supposed to add nothing to a document. So, you have your pd file, but you cannot edit it to add things.So, it's a converter, converting to pdf. It's not a pdf editor, you cannot change a previously created document.

I don't really create PDF's, but if I were to I would use Adobe Acrobat Pro :P although you need to pay for it. So if your not willing to pay or maybe they have a trial, then use the ones those guys suggested.

Personally, I just create a document file with any office suite, like Word and load it with open office writer.. and with it I can export document files to pdf format which does it quite nice.. you can even export to pdf excel and powerpoint files through open office.. :P I don't really need anything fancy using it, so OO suits me well with creating PDF files :Pand yeah, it is free :P

I think what I use is PDF Creator, or something like that.OpenOffice is also very efficient at converting MS Office (and OpenOffice) files into PDF format.As for denaturing PDF, I don't know how to do that...

In my search for a free pdf program to create tagged pdf files, I came across an excellent program. It doesn’t support tagged pdf files, but pretty perfect for anything else.

PDF995 – some of it’s more impressive features consider it is a free program are:

Hieratical Bookmark

Combining multiple PDF's into a single PDF

Burst/Split PDFs

Convert PDF to JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PCX formats

Convert PDF to HTML and Word DOC conversion

Convert PDF to text

Free: Creates PDFs without annoying watermarks

Free: Fully functional, not a trial and does not expire

Also their support was awesome. I wasn’t sure if they supported tagged pdf creation, so I send a email to their support team, and got a reply within a couple of hours. Many people loves it, even if they started using the free version (ad supported) they are so impressed, they started paying for it.

I'm not a huge fan of PDFs because whenever I open them online, they always make my computer lag unbelievably. Also, I don't need PDFs for anything. The only PDFs I have created are when I scan pages and stuff so that it saves as a PDF file. XDQuick PDF, an Opera widget, can create PDFs though. Not very fancy ones, mind you, as it /is/ only a widget still under development, but if you only need text and links, it will work well enough. You just type inside the widget, click on the PDF tab, click Export as PDF, and it saves a PDF file for you! Also, it can export your text into a XML file.Serena

There exists a lot of free pdfs creators/editors, some good ones are:

PDF995: A PDF creator software, if you want to edit your pdf files you can use PdfEdit995

PDFTK: A handy tool for manipulating PDF files.

Foxit Reader: A PDF Reader with editor capabilities.

BTW, if you want that your web application -using PHP- creates PDF files on the fly you can use FPDF Library.

Best regards,

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)