xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Suse Linux

Have you ever heard of the linux operating system?
Well suse linux is a distrubution of it.
It is one of the best in my mind, and cheap to buy.
A good site to buy it is https://www.amazon.com/
Also a good reference for linux begginers is this site:Lunetix reference site When you are on it, click on the download link to get a free copy.

Have fun making your linux skills better!

Yes, it's very good for beginners. Also, you can download it from openSuse:

https://en.opensuse.org/Main_Page

I think thats the website, and I was thinking of switching to Linux but I'm just going to stick with Windows as it has everything I need.

If any of you guys are total beginners at Linux, I have some ebooks for you but I wont post it on these forums as it probaly would be classified as warez (cause you need to pay for these ebooks), and some other good distrobutions of Linux are Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandrake etc.

3 or 4 months ago i borrowed CDs of Linux Suse v 10.1 from my friend.
I tried to install it near Windows. Because i wanted to work on both of them . At last i installed it.
But after installing i could do nothing because i'm new to linux (up to this time i was a windows user). It, all worked properly .
Suddenly, (i don't remember when it was) when i turned on my PC it suddenly reloaded after approx. 15-20 seconds and then no of OSs booted up. All my data were deleted.
So please help installing it correctly .. what do i have to do?
I really want to learn linux, but i have problems such like this. And i don't have any other HDDs to install it separately from Windows.
How to make partitions?(maybe there was a problem with partitioning )

If any of you guys are total beginners at Linux, I have some ebooks for you but I wont post it on these forums as it probaly would be classified as warez (cause you need to pay for these ebooks), and some other good distrobutions of Linux are Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandrake etc.

Isn't linux a free? so aren't its books free? OK, where can i find free tutorials?

Isn't linux a free? so aren't its books free? OK, where can i find free tutorials?

You can find a lot of good documentation in The Linux Documenation Project

http://www.tldp.org/

Can you be more specific about what exactly happens when you boot your computer?

openSUSE wont install on my computer, neither will any distro besides kubuntu and centos, ive tried like hundreds (installing them) and NONE of them work except those 2. i have no idea wots wrong with my computer. its either the cpu or my old hard drive (the one i have linux on) still has a virus in the boot sector (it used to be my main hard drive until i got that, now windows wont even install on it)i like suse, i have a friend who has it, he doesnt use it anymore because both me and him have lost interest in linux but ever since last night when i found vector linux i started liking it again. im yet to install vector linux, i burnt it to a cd but havent had a chance to try installing it.yeah so suse is a nice distro, one of the big ones like fedora (i also like fedora)