xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Ccleaner This is good to clean old dirty files on your computer

There are always left over files on your computer when you were surfing the web, or doing other things. Im not going into detail about that, but there is a very good freware trial programm, called ccleaner. This programm can not only delete these files(sometimes more than 50mb ) no, it can also repair parts of your computer. If for example a programms picture is still in the start menu, and the programm itself is actually gone, ccleaner will delete the pics properly!No hasty work needed. Its easy stuff.Google this to find the link.Enjoy! :P

I agree I have used it for the past few years. It is great it offers alot and its all free. What a great package. Although I cannot say its better than any competition as I have not used anything else for the job. I feel it gets the job done well enough though.

I've been using this program for about a year now. It's really a great piece of software. It saves me a lot of time from manually searching for the folders and files to delete. As with webroot's spysweeper, if there was ever a paid version I'd definitely buy it.

I didn't use CCleaner, I see that it is free, so will download it an try it. I for some time now am using CleanUp! and also am satisfied with it, in my opinion it does almost the same thing. ;)

Ccleaner is indeed a (very) good program to delete those files in a save way.

But an nice/good program to use next to Ccleaner is Hitman Pro to get rid of spyware&virusses. They use multiple anti-spyware and anti-virus programmes. Default they use trail versions (to keep HP free), but if you got a full version of one of the programmes they use Hitman Pro uses the full version instead ;)

Thanks for the program tip! ;) I've been meaning to clean out my computer for the past couple of days (seeing as how I only have 20 some odd gigs from the 70 total). Even if I don't clean everything off it'll help delete a lot of random bugs here and there. Now if I could just get ahold of a external disk drive so I can transfer all of my media files...

I've been using the program for a long time, I even recommended it to some of my friends. It's a lovely program, but it's getting kinda useless since I only manage to collect a few MB of rubbish on my pc ;) .

This program is used to clear out your temp files and do some registry cleanup. This program is useful for those that like to download programs and open them on the fly. It's usually saved on the temp folder and this can build up over time. Also some program installations (if they do a bad job), leave all their installation related files intact in the temp folder. You can only save as much space as you have junk. So if you have only two temp cookie files, don't expect to save 1GB of space <_<

I've been using this for quite a while now. I agree it is an excellent program to clean out temp files and even more. I do have to warn you to be careful when using the registry cleaner part because there may be some things in there you don't want to remove. Such examples are some files from Internet Explorer 7 BETA (when we used it back then).Anyways, I have saved lots of space by using this utility. Hundreds of MB in fact. The downside to this is that you have to run it on every user account. But it is quick, so I don't mind.

This is a great piece of freeware. It keeps my PC in top top shape by cleaning out all the temp files I no longer need and also cleaning up my registry so my computer funs faster.Its also a really small compact program which is quick and easy to run. Highly recommended.