xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Best Multimedia Players For Windows

In this post I am going to give you a tip on which multimedia players are the best.The vlc player, is a very successful and useful programm. It will play much more video and music formats, which others like windows media player won't. Itunes. Nearly everyone knows itunes. Its used to upload music to your ipod, or to hear music. Well itunes is quite good because of its music store built in. Using a sort of internet browser in it, it will show music you can download from apple.com for cheap prices such as 1 euro or 10 for a big album.So in the end, if you have both of these players, you will have all you need to listen to good music and watch good movies. :P

I also could just add Winamp and QCD, or a better development version QMP, you can get Quintessential Player from http://www.quinnware.com/

I used to like it more than Winamp, but the development version is still under development :P and sometimes I have problems with it.. Winamp is a little bit more stable, even though QMP is much more powerful. Furthermore, the audioscrobller plugin on windows doesn't work very well with QCD, it often goes offline, don't know if it is the player failure or the plugin itself sucks, but the winamp version works very well. :P

I agree with sitekeen, vlc is excellent player. ViPlay is also good considering that installation file has only 700 KB (that is old version, maybe new one has different size).XM play is excellent audio player, much better and easier to use that windows media player. It has only about 300 KB and it will play almost any music file. You don't even need to install it.

the best

Best Multimedia Players For Windows

Mplayer classic (mplayerc.Exe) is the best, fast and easy with codec pack if loos does not matter. It's the best of the best..

-reply by onjoy

Yes I definitely agree with you regarding VLC player. It is quick, compact and plays lots of video formats (including flash, which is handy).Itunes is good for linking up with the Itunes store and ipods but otherwise I find the program to be a bit bulky and system resouce hogging. I've taken to using Winamp instead.It looks great, is easily configured with themes and you can also link it up with an ipod.

Mplayer en VLC player are probably the most stable players that can play almost any format. They may not be as user friendly as WMP or iTunes, but they are powerfull and lightweight.However, Windows Media Player is still one of the better player for windows imho, as long as you don't use any exotict formats or corrupt movie files :rolleyes: I don't like Winamp and iTunes, both player are slow and bulky and are too commercial (especialy iTunes since it's an Apple product).

Mplayer en VLC player are probably the most stable players that can play almost any format. They may not be as user friendly as WMP or iTunes, but they are powerfull and lightweight.However, Windows Media Player is still one of the better player for windows imho, as long as you don't use any exotict formats or corrupt movie files :rolleyes:

I don't like Winamp and iTunes, both player are slow and bulky and are too commercial (especialy iTunes since it's an Apple product).

Just wondering what program you use to play music if you dislike Itunes and Winamp? I've recently switched from Itunes to Winamp and am liking it slightly more but is there a better more lightweight alternative that you know of?
Thanks!

I use Windows Media Player to play audio files and VLC to play video. The best thing about it, like everyone has said, is that most of the formats can be played with the codecs that ship with the player. It is also able to play non-standard files such as that of Flash. I have yet to find a codec for the vodei format, though. So, I need to use Windows Media Player for it.

I personally use Windows Media Player because it does everything I need it to, but I've heard good reviews of VLC and Light Alloy (a russian media player). A quick google revealed that people find VLC as better than Light Alloy and WMP though :rolleyes:

For a detailed comparison, you can always check Wikipedia (yep, VLC looks like it's pretty good).

the best multimedia playerBest Multimedia Players For Windows

Replying to Quatrux

the best multimedia player is the KMPlayer yes it is true it is very good than other players just try it then you can know about it. It is the best among all

-reply by kishore

Hai Guys ,

What about Gom Player ? ,VLC media player was one of favourite  But now I using Gom player .And alsoThere is no such a great player to play any files in its best quality .All are depending up on the file format .Ex : PowerDVD ,Best for watching DVD files.

Windows media player is worst ,for MP3 I am using Winamp .And I am using winamp for all type MUSIC files .

Thank you.

-reply by Dileep