xisto Community
niran

Problems With cPanel Showing some error message

Hi all,

I was trying to upload some files to my account using cpanel!

There was no problem in the beginning!

But suddently it shows one error message as:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

(Edit:

Authentication is working fine! After authentication only, ith shows the error message like this! )

Please check this one:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

(Edit: I'm using cPanel Proxy for accessing the Control panel without specifying the port addrss! http://ww1.cpanelproxy.net//?gtnjs=1 )

I dont know whats went wrong, is it the problem with the server or is it for my account only! :P

But sites are working fine without any problem!

Whats wrong with the server?

Is it running out of disk space!

Admins, please try to solve the problem fast!

Regards,

Niran

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

I have the same problem. My cpanl accepts my login and password, and then I have an error message saying :

Sorry for the inconvenience!The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

@buffalo : could you try 'df -kI /" to see if really / is running out of space ?

I have the same problem. My cpanl accepts my login and password, and then I have an error message saying :
@buffalo : could you try 'df -kI /" to see if really / is running out of space ?

ya! Thats the same problem with me friend!
I think, al are having the same problem! :P
Please fix that one friends!
:P

It is unclear at the moment if the space is really running out or being allocated for something else.All hosting servers have more than adequate space and should not be running out of any space. Until I know it further please be patient.Server admins have been contacted as of this post.

Until I know it further please be patient.

No problem, it's a joke. In fact we are really patient because our hosted site have no problems.Unfortunately, we also want to show that we are active, that's why we post as soon as we see something.
So, don't take it bad. Take it cool, be cause Niran an I take it cool.
You know, sometimes we are happy being the customer, instead being the system administrator having to solve all the problems.

UPDATEDue to a time zone difference OpaQue will not get the support message until later tonight (EDT, GMT-4) around 11pm.It seems that "/" directory for gamma server is full, according to the report. Hosting members are under "/home" directory and it's not even 30% used... So my speculation is that "/" is used for dump or cache (not too sure). But OpaQue will fix this as soon as possible.

It seems that "/" directory for gamma server is full, according to the report. Hosting members are under "/home" directory and it's not even 30% used... So my speculation is that "/" is used for dump or cache (not too sure). But OpaQue will fix this as soon as possible.

well, maybe the system just locked that space.. i use to have that problem before..

anyway.. it is the control panel that is affected and so far i think cpanel is somewhere around "/" and that directory or partition may the one that is running out of space..

we are patient.. we wont get hosted if we are not.. cheers...

-----------